1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More rules questions: V6 LW

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jksoft, Dec 1, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is better asked in the Two Stroke forum or here, but here goes.

I would like to bring an RGV250 out to play in V6 next year. I have one which is mostly stock, but this isn't the one I want to race. I have a second chassis I am building into a pure race bike and am hoping to put it in V6 but I am not sure if it is possible with the current rules. I have read the rulebook (multiple times) but still can't make sense of where the RGV fits in. This clause pertaining to V6LW seems to indicate only 88 or 89 RGV's (VJ21) are eligible for V6LW. If I drop an engine from a 93 (VJ22) in, where does that leave me? Is this just a case of needing to request a specific ruling on this bike?

Finally, how does a modern programmable ignition such as a Zeeltronic play into Vintage? I don't see anything specifically mentioned in the rules.

2. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Looks like it leaves you in Clubman.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yikes. I was really hoping to keep it in vintage. If I'm going Clubman, I may as well overbore the motor. Oh well, I'll show up with it either way.

4. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Formula rules make some interesting race bikes.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! Kind of fun when people get creative.