1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More official pics of 2011 GSXR-600/750

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 1literduceater

1literduceater Well-Known Member

Cant disagree with that statement!

2. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Access to the oil filter (missing in photo).

3. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Oil filter is right next to the oil cooler. Left hand side.

I'd almost trade my R6 for one of these.

Too bad we don't get the SRAD scheme. They never should have dumped that.

4. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Wow...betcha could pull the trigger on that jobbie reeeaaaalll hard.

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Brilliant marketing ploy in my opinion. Just because they say BREMBO, doesn't mean they are top shelf. My guess is that they are not that much of an improvement over the previous brand calipers used. But what do I know.

6. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Monoblock design means no flex. No flex means more power at the caliper pistons. I'm guessing that the pistons are 34mm X 4 instead of 32X2 36X2.
    Better feel and better ability to trail brake.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The monoblocks on my Hyper are insane compared to regular radial calipers.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm going to guess it's trying to keep some length on the headers to help/shift the torque curve. Merely speculation on my part.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By the looks of them they appear to be a similar design to the M4 monoblocks that come on the Ducati Hypermotard/1098/1198/DesmoRR, Aprilia RSVR and MV Agusta F4. It's a cast (not billet) monoblock design that uses the tri-bridge design for less flex

[​IMG]

10. Willyz

Willyz Grasshoppa

Hmmmm....

14K redline? Why would it be lowered?

BK

11. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

That doesnt even look real. Like a Ebay Chinese knockoff caliper with Brembo painted on it.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:confused:

that's what they look like on a 1098

[​IMG]

13. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

14k is 750

14. Daekwan

Was expecting something more like this:

[​IMG]

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Those are $4K a pair billet monoblocks with vented Ti pistons. LOL

I don't think they are gonna put those on a mass production gsxr-600.

16. Daekwan

I realize those ones pictured are the "real deal" billet ones.. but as someone above said. Just because it says "Brembo" doesnt mean top shelf. And I was kinda expecting something more higher shelf. I remember a few years back Yamaha sold a $19,000 special edition 2006 R1. Brembo brakes, Ohlins forks/shock, and Marchesini wheels.

Found out it was more 'name' than anything. The Ohlins stuff was soft as hell and had to totally be resprung to be taken serious. The wheels were gold painted and aluminum but no lighter than the OEM Yamaha wheels on the regular R1. And Im guessing the Brembo's were something like these cast calipers. So you pretty much paid $8000 extra for 'names' versus performance.

I appreciate Suzuki choosing such a performance related name and realize its not the first time. Even my six-year-old 2004 R1 came with a stock Brembo master cylinder. But I guess I was just expecting more.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

All true things, but I have to think that even though they are not top shelf Brembo calipers....they are still better than 2 piece Tokico calipers that were there last year.

As mentioned, its the same caliper (as far as I know) that comes on this bike....

[​IMG]

18. Beat me to it.

19. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I just read somewhere and I can't find the link now but the 2011 600's MSR is $11,599 and the 750 is $11,999. :eek:

IRC the 2009's were about $9,800 and the R6's were alittle more.

20. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member