1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Obama helpfulness?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Market price is whatever the price currently is no matter what the outside influences are. i.e. - the price of a commodity when sold in a given market

The market is the US, the price is whatever people are willing to pay for a degree.

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Amazing to see some still blaming everything but themselves for the situations they find themselves in.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So let me ask you something @Mongo. Since you are such a firm believer in caveat emptor, how do you approach your business dealings? Do you attempt to mislead and deceive people? After all, if they’re dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve what they got, right?

If not, why?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This is an important distinction: it’s not “everyone but themselves” or “I can only blame myself, it’s “everyone who played a role”.

Nothing is black and white. People should research the true cost/benefit of their education options, but at the same time, government should work to make that easier and more transparent, not harder.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Actually, government should GTF out of it...including the funding.

cav115, Wheel Bearing and brex like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You should quit while you’re behind...

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Don't say that. Watching him implode is almost as funny as the bullshit he types. Don't take away my entertainment!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does that have to do with caveat emptor? Oh yeah, nothing.

Try again. Actually don't, you suck at this :crackup:

FWIW I try to be as absolutely clear as possible on what we do/sell. I also make sure when I'm the customer I get as much information as possible. Caveat emptor indeed...

cav115 and sheepofblue like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only role they should play is to make sure nobody is cheating/stealing. That's their purpose, to peacefully settle disputes and ensure civility. Not to promote/control markets or favor one side over another.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds great, but then you add in politicians and lobbyists.

FWIW that is not remotely support of the system as it is.

And yet again has nothing to do with loans :D

11. Wheel Bearing

The government fucks up everything it touches, history has shown this, so you think more gummit involvement will fix it?

cav115 and brex like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It has everything to do with it. You run a business. You feel that it's the customer's responsibility to not get fucked, conversely, the business/seller has no obligation to be honest and forthright. You don't have any problem with schools setting up a system that has screwed over countless students with inflated tuition rates, so why would you have any problem doing something similar with your own business?

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't say MORE government involvement. The government doesn't fuck up everything it touches, people using the government for personal gain fucks everything up. Remove that aspect and let it function the way it was designed to and it won't be quite the issue.

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This ^^^. Always.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One does not mean the other. This shows how fucked up your mindset it.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is the dumbest thing you have posted yet.

He believes (my words not his) that you are responsible for your own decisions. That is so far from you post that it is laughable. But let's go down the path to your loony bin for a second.... If you are doing business you have a reputation. A one time score could be enough to ruin you from then out, example the bike dealer here who was gouging people on generators after a major storm. They have been gone for years and still exist only as a lesson to others. So a little self interest if you are a bastard. Next up is an option you fail to acknowledge, Mongo has a CHOICE on how he treats people. He reaps the effects of it both personally and professionally. So again he can CHOOSE. Will dumb people occasionally not listen when he tries to be clear and honest, yep. But that does not make him some evil troll that lives uder the bridge and comes out when the sun in low enough to steal from unsuspecting customers.

Freedom involves the opportunity to CHOOSE how you live. CHOOSE wisely and benefit, CHOOSE poorly and have bad effects. The alternative is lack of freedom and historically that basically sucks harder and harder as time goes on. So we will try to inform you with information but like the people you want to defend you can CHOOSE to ignore the information. Of course if you get your way with time your ability to CHOOSE will decline and decisions will be made for you by your betters (well at least that is what they will think of themselves)

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why wouldn't you run your business in the same manner you assume others do? Profit is king, right? Or are you trying to say that you operate your business based on some semblance of right and wrong?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What if Mongo had the power to manipulate the choices people felt they had available to them? What if he was able to buy off some politicians and convince the government that WERA was the best racing org in the country and that everyone should ride with them? What if, through years of indoctrination, 95% of the motorcycle dealers in the nation encouraged every new motorcyclist to ride with WERA? CCS, CMRA, AFM, and the rest still exist, but everywhere you look you see and here WERA WERA WERA. What do you think is going to happen? Is that still free market? Is there still a choice?

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

People who aren't sheep wouldn't fall for the WERA WERA WERA and any time someone is constantly pitching you that hard you should be asking yourself who really benefits. Anything else is just another gump falling for a snake oil salesman's marketing pitch.

You can replace WERA WERA WERA with plenty of things.

GOV'T GOV'T GOV"T
    JESUS JESUS JESUS
    MIRALCE CURE MIRACLE CURE MIRACLE CURE
    AS SEEN ON TV

When you know how to spot a charlatan it's pretty hard for them to pick your pockets.

Mongo is no exception to the rules of business. Wera made plenty of business decisions I disagreed with and they were partly what factored in to my decision to stop participating. I have no grievances with their decisions as they have a business to run but as a customer I can choose at anytime to not be a customer.

20. Wheel Bearing

Like universal healthcare, huh?