1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More companies aiding the left in elections

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jan 2, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Shit, I never even look at my spam folder.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Take them out and shoot them

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Good. I don't want to receive unsolicited candidate/election emails from anyone.

I hope they continue to block all election related email that isn't from my local election commission.

5. In Your Corner

Obviously, you didn't read it.
    Only election emails from one side of the fence were blocked.

6. beac83

Doesn't matter. Block some, block all unsolicited emails! Texts too!

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

To clarify, emails that were specifically signed up for, were blocked.

8. In Your Corner

He is determined to not see the wrong.

9. beac83

I'm so over the spam, I don't care. Kill it all.

Or better yet, spent the $5Bil hunting down and jailing for life the owners/officers/agents/shareholders and seizing the companies that send spam

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You are so FOS sometimes which is annoying cuz you're smarter than that.

I'd make a bet that if there was a special report on 20/20 showing/proving that the vast majority of Liberal agenda emails were absolutely being blocked while the GOP has raised millions in donations in the same period, you'd be outraged.

I don't know if a Federal law exists already or not but it looks like Republicans in Congress need to get their shit together and pass one. A carefully worded law that makes it clear that any deceptive practices being pushed by any company to hide, slow or delete political message by ANY party shall be penalized.

Cuz if they don't, this country will be defeated by them and their cohorts.

NO! Let's just kill 95% of the Liberal agenda emails.........how's that fly for you??? :rolleyes:

11. beac83

If they are unsolicited - meaning I didn't sign up for them - then YES! Kill them all! Political, non-political, issue, Right, Left. Get rid of all the Spam!

There is a federal law. Remember the Can SPAM act? It's purposely toothless.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think beac is saying he would be OK with that. The DNC? Prolly not.

beac83 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Except these weren't. They were solicited, but were selectively sorted to spam BY THE EMAIL PROVIDERS.

XFBO likes this.
  14. beac83

Solicited by the receiver of the email, as in they asked to receive them? If so, that is different, and the emails should have been delivered.

BTW: It's pretty easy to write/distribute emails that get flagged as spam. Word patterns, number of recipients, keywords, use of caps, colors, pics, etc. are often set in the filters.
    I used to do monthly newsletters to a 400 member organization, and those were routinely flagged, because the same message was going to more than 10 people at the domain (ISP) AOL used to be the worst, cause you could pay them $10K per year and be "whitelisted" from their spam filter. The industry keeps a database of spam senders (SORBS) and it is used to block senders as well.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

SORBS = Sender of repetetive BS?

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Holy moly, there's some hope! That is the gripe you've been missing from the beginning.

FTFY.....:cool: