1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Commufornia restrictions

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I grew up in Illinois and was in a house hit by a tornado so I totally understand that fear, But I still would prefer a tornado to an earthquake, Because you could at least predict tornadoes.

I guess we’re going to agree to disagree , because even though you can lose your job which everybody understands, hopefully you find another job or you collect unemployment with the extra $600 federal kick in.

Out here jobs are pretty darn plentiful if you’re willing to work

But when you have multiple vehicles that are no longer able to be operated and I need to buy another $50-$80,000 tow truck and another couple vans which are 40-60 grand Each

I didn’t get rid of anybody I’m just having to drive old backuo shit for longer than I had intended.

However stupid Covid did make me layoff a few employees, because I lost so much money I can’t afford to carry them while our sales dropped so much.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. Boman Forklift

Your curtain is made of iron my curtain is made of red fluffy heart shaped pillows. :p

motion likes this.
  3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Boman Forklift, post: 5846440, member: 22858"

If I worked for a company, instead of owning my business, I honestly think we would have already moved away. I just can't move this business, all the customers are local. So, I would have to sell it and start over somewhere else in either this business, or try and learn another business all over again. I'm not at the point I can retire financially. Actually don't even think I could retire, and stay around the house puttering about, I think it would drive me freaking nuts.[/QUOTE]
    If tax keep going up along with your other loses, you will never be able to retire.

Move while you can

The south east offers a lot in scenery

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Houses flying through the air?

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Every other Thursday

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah , but they are mostly in little pieces, so not much to worry about .

7. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

[QUOTE
    I will admit I’m a big weather pussy and the huge weather tax I pay to live here is basically worth it.

[/QUOTE]

I think if it was you wouldn't be posting about it on the beeb. GTFO now. I miss living in huntington beach. Do I miss it enough to put up with the "tax"....faaaaak no man.

Here is the real question in this whole ordeal. Why are the people making these rules getting voted in? Well...because other people want those rules. And that's where I had to draw the line.

Is Tejas perfect? No. But there damn sure isn't any floating porta potties in the middle of a lake down here.

8. Boman Forklift

I think if it was you wouldn't be posting about it on the beeb. GTFO now. [/QUOTE]

You could be right, but I liken this place to a few friends sitting around a campfire drinking beers. All kinds of things come up in conversation.

Bitching about the job, kids, wife, or ex wife, racing, cars, MotoGP, etc are all discussed.

Yea I’m honest enough or stupid enough to post I lost money last year, as did some other forklift guys I know, but I’m sure not all of them did?

I still have plans of how to grow this deal, and have started executing them. It’s actually pretty exciting, and I really don’t see being able to give up on the challenge of trying to double my business in the next 5-10 years.

Could I fail, hell yes!!! Would I be bummed if i didn’t try... hell yes! Can I still buy a potential future house somewhere else, and rent it out, before i move in....hell yes!!!

In all honesty, I’m thinking out loud with you guys and based on some of my ideas, now is a time I don’t want to leave. The losses have already stopped, as I right sized my business to the current economic calamity. Thankfully things have turned up again with our customers, so that means they are turning up with us too.

To give you an idea, one of my larger customer is a brand you’ve all heard of. When covid hit, they shut down for 90 days and then came back to work only 1 day a week and then 2 days a week, etc.

Well that uncertainty was everywhere in S Cal, and happened in a lot of small companies too. Now the companies that survived are mostly all going again, so we are back to the old problems of trying to hire new mechanics.

I actually hired a part time office lady to assist my current bookeeper and I’m negotiating with another salesperson right now to help grow this bad boy.

I seriously considered buying another forklift company in Phoenix about a month ago, but just not sure I want to stretch myself that much? It would force me to hire a GM, which I could justify with the additional revenue, but i would have to travel back and forth a bunch and I don’t know if the long hours would put too much of a strain on me and my relationship with my wife.

She’s worth more to me than my growing goals. Even though I could double revenue overnight, and hit some goals I have, the Arizona place is beyond f..ed up and would be a really huge but exciting challenge.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    sill'r B sill'd and GNC like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Forklift funny...

[​IMG]

Ducti89 likes this.
  10. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Holy hell..

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

destination forked

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Rob, please get out of there. You corner low on a forklift at any track. We want to see the best for you and your family!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Inst Tech, StaccatoFan and YamahaRick like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You might want to step back from that fire. He burned himself starting it yesterday. :D

14. Boman Forklift

I actually expected the middle forklift to fall off when i saw the top load topple.

I’m watching on my phone, so can’t see it large, but i have to believe that is not in america.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So you forklift experts:
    Odds of success increased if they had secured the load to the top forklift or would that have just ended up with a damaged forklift and forklift operator on top of the damaged machine?

16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im no forklift expert, but i do work in construction... should have been a reach fork/pettibone for that. easy peasy and exactly what that piece of equipment is designed for. securing the load is a bad idea and would have been 10x worse.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I can pick up a penny off of concrete and put it in your t-shirt pocket. :D

(akshully not really all that much to brag about)

18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Everyone suggesting you move to the Tampa Bay area, please stop, we're full. While I like the fact that the value of my home has doubled in the past 4 years, I am tired of the over development and the significant increase in traffic. Please move somewhere other than Pinellas County (we were at a pop. density of 3,347 people per square mile in 2010 and that has since increased from the mass influx of the past few years). The humidity sucks as well.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If I was forced to move to FL, the Tampa Bay area would be my only choice.

But FL overall is OK only if you are 18 or 80 years of age.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How often has
    Pinellas County had to evacuate for hurricanes. From what I’m understanding it’s not too often in the last two decades?