1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Commufornia restrictions

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Apr 7, 2021.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I've been campaigning for alligator ponds at all old folks homes for years. Unlike Rossi, it's finally getting some traction.

scottn, Inst Tech, auminer and 2 others like this.
  2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I spent most of my life in Tampa Bay area (until I moved to the space coast for work), Brother and Step-Dad were born there. I've also spent a bit of time in California for work, but was always renting on the company tab, not really a resident.

For a California-type, calling the humidity in the Tampa Bay area "not horrible" is false advertising! For them, they will wonder how you can breath air with that much water in it without gills!

Other stuff is pretty much true, though.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I found a nice spot in Ft Myers that soon to be hopefully has my name on it. Don't worry, I'm definitely not bringing any undesirable viewpoints with me :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Even homeless are moving out of that state

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For the city of Tampa I meant, not the gulf coast of Florida. Last time I was in the city of Tampa I was 22 or 23 and went to bars that had covers and wristbands.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Haven't been in several years, but FL is definitely retirement central. I suspect there is more in Sarasota and St. Pete than in Tampa proper, but still much to do.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

It rightfully earned the nickname "God's Waiting Room."

8. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Tampa finally has a nice downtown area along the river. I've lived in Tampa for 47 years and downtown was always a ghost town after 5pm until about 10 years ago.

9. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Sun City Center just south of Tampa is called the graveyard with lights.

Chino52405 and YamahaRick like this.
  10. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

California, lane splitting is great, there are a lot of "normal" people in CA if you get away from the coast, if you go to Laguna be prepared to be screwed on the cost of a hotel room, traffic is F-in terrible (did I say lane splitting is great) and they have some of the most Fed up regulations on the planet. I met with a government group about starting a manufacturing business and about half way into the 2 hours I told them that they were completely out of their minds and I was done wasting my time.

StaccatoFan and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

This should really help their homeless population.

Commie bastards.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

...? I was waiting for the rest of the story lol.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow!!!!

Tyler was staying with us during covid for awhile and he and some of his New York buddies all went down to Miami and rented a place in a high rise for a month. I don’t remember the specifics but i think it was around 10k. I just assumed that was because it was an airbnb type rental and in a 1 year lease it wouldn’t be NYC type pricing?

I know after about 3.5 weeks he came home partied out, but had a blast

motion likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

You’re gonna laugh because I started that and accidentally hit the submit button while I was waiting for something else from a vendor and by the time I finished writing the rest of what I needed and hit update I was past the 30 minute edit window.

Ain’t nobody got time for dat!!!

So I punched out and went back to work and it’s been a busy day. Maybe when I can’t sleep and wake up at 3 AM tomorrow I’ll take a peek at it again

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

I’m not sure you know with a comment like that, but there’s a huge difference between amazingly fantastic weather in S Cal and the shit a lot of the rest of the country has to put up with.

I will admit I’m a big weather pussy and the huge weather tax I pay to live here is basically worth it.

As I mentioned, this particular issue and the other issue that ticked me off, wouldn’t even affect me if I were just a regular employee somewhere and in reality regular employees outnumber business owners.

I lived through other times in California when there were mass exodus’s and one other places property values start going up which is currently happening and you start looking at going and realize it cost so much to live somewhere else, then all the sudden it makes California look way better.

I honestly think if I lived in most of LA County I couldn’t deal with it, But where I am in South Orange County is pretty darn nice. It’s not nearly as ugly as Los Angeles or Hollywood or most of LA County other than nice areas like Beverly Hills Malibu, Pacific palisades, or certain cities along the coast

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmao. Happened to me yesterday.

17. Boman Forklift

Not a problem, I live in what they call behind the red curtain, which means we are the most conservative area in California or at least we were before a lot of orange county was taken over by liberals

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Iron Curtain, Rob.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Rob, my weather comment was a of bit tongue N cheek sarcasm. I grew up in a part of Tornado Alley on the Great Plains where Mom and Dad started their lives together in a trailer house. Talk about tempting Fate.

But you want to talk about someone who overreacted to bad weather.....My Mom.

When I was in high school, we were visiting family and afterward on the drive home we got caught in a severe storm...the kind that has hail and spawns a tornado or two.
    So we got under a highway overpass and were waiting it out. In those situations, my Mom drove me nuts....she just sat in the car and balled like a baby. It's just a f*cking storm! Anyway...enough of that.

I'm going to have to disagree with the comment about being a regular employee and this not affecting you, if you were just an employee. You MAY not even be an employee if the tax, like this one, infringes on a businesses ability to maintain its payroll. You may get laid off to make room in the budget for the taxes, or never get hired in the first place.

mike w and YamahaRick like this.
  20. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I like that idea. Gives an old guy something to shoot at.