1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOONSHINE

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Aug 23, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's how we know y'all ain't from round heyah. Y'all keep wantin soduh. That's what we put in the fridge to keep if frum smelling like chittlins.

3. That's damn funny. I'm from Canada, I call it pop.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Do you want your soda in a bag? (or) Do you want your pop in a sack?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you call your father Coke?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

That's just it. Its not that complicated of a process. There a lot of steps but the steps are pretty straight forward. Keeping things sanitized is critical but simple enough to do. I think most get into trouble with the head and tail part and not paying close enough attention when to collect the good alcohol and not the bad.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  7. No because he's no longer with us and that would be very silly :)

8. Or not being careful having it sealed and sealed good and it going boom, and it makes a big boom.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Video please

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry. No disrespect intended.

11. I put a smiley face so you didn't think that. I actually was joking back.

12. Wasn't me but they blow up around here once and a while.
    If I sit on my porch with a ceiling fan on drinking my coke (which is actually Pepsi) i sometimes can take a gander over the mountains and tell my wife, look , there's fixin to be some fire trucks heading over yonder. Damn bastard dun did blowed up the still again.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Subject to production limits (not really enforced).

WANABE RACER likes this.
  14. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I've lived in North Carolina since I was 17. Grew up near Cincinnati. I guess I'm southern now but I still call soda pop

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Western PA and Ohio are where all the cats I know call home that say that. Ha.

16. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

You called it. I also lived outside of Erie for a year in between Cincy and NC. I've never picked up on that one before

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

"Pop" was definitely the other one I picked up on. One of the racers I was working with kept on saying "pop can" referring to a can of soda so fast I didn't know what the f he was saying.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I remember my grandfather calling coke etc. soda water.

19. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

As said before, read one of these: homedistiller/artisandistiller/ADI forum/still dragon forum

Its a load of fun if you have the time. AS far as it being illegal, yup. It is. So is driving 73mph in a 65mph zone though. Ive never heard of anybody getting popped for home/friends use but I can guarantee that if a high school kid shows up drunk/sick with a jar of lightnin' and points to your house things may go south quick (just like if you drive pas a cop at 73mph in a 65 with kids bouncing around the car with no seat belts). I also have heard that its really hard to get you for producing and much easier to get you for tax evasion. If you do get into it, don't be dumb..... Alcohol vapors are more explosive than gas vapors. And please, for christ sake, don't put liqs in a plastic jug. If it doesn't say "2" on the bottom (like a half gallon plastic liquor jug), it will leach plastic crap into your spirits. Use glass.

20. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

And its "soda". Dont drink that shit either. It's worse for you than lightnin' out of a plastic milk jug.

WANABE RACER likes this.