1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern day bmx racing

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Jun 26, 2019.

1. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

[​IMG]

TSAVO5150 and TLR67 like this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We were all freewheel as well.

3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

We have been racing the last three years! And everyone is freewheeling :whoosh:

4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I actually watched that yesterday for the first time in decades. It was on pinkbike.com so I couldnt pass it up. I actually rode a supergoose as a kid. The local bike shop sponsored me, that bike was ahead of its time

Bloodhound likes this.
  5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I went over and checked it out last week. Their was a varying array of bikes. I have a bunch of bikes, road, mtn, downhill and a dirt jumper. I think I would start racing if I went

6. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I have a proper dirt jumper but it's such a pig I wouldn't want to race it.

7. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Fun facts: my default username on most forums is Rad! movie related - my PSN username is Bart_Taylor (Cru Jones and all derivations where taken back in the day) :)

zamboiv and t11ravis like this.
  8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

We had the UCI World Finals at our new track in '17 and that was more than enough to bring me back in after 30 years!
    There are a few cruisers at the weekly races but mostly 20 inch. Check out Dan'sComp.com for current stuff.

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just got this last week.

E4F9DFAB-E15C-4450-8E8D-C33F6071C0F5.jpeg

dantheman, r6fast, Bloodhound and 2 others like this.
  10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

All i know is i rode GT and jumped every dirt pile in our city and my shins looked like shit from the bear trap/ claw pedals i used. Those were the days!

ducnut likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

KrooklynSV likes this.
  12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I still have my original RAD! VHS. Watch it all the time. My wife loves the movie as well, beat part is when I’m doing something in a hurry and run a little late and I pull the, “missed it by 5 minutes” quote from when he’s slinging papers.

13. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Ok sorry another greats RAD quote as Cru is walking up to the start at Helltrack.

Cop, “hey Cru, pretend you’re on at the lumberyard, go balls out”

I used think that was so cool when I was a kid.

14. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Here’s the Patterson I built and raced in 1983. Not sure why I’ve hung onto it for 36 years but glad I did.
    1F260E6A-1B25-433E-8776-8BD9B5136DF4.jpeg

G8rDuc, TSAVO5150, r6fast and 3 others like this.
  15. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

I wish I still had my 1980’s Thruster vanishing point. Sigh...
    Got myself a Greg Hill 24” just before he went out of business in 2013.

t11ravis likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Another Freewheel! WTF!!! :crackup:

Man I wish I would have kept all my shit.. Ripper Frame.. Landing gear.. Tough Neck, Aero Plate, Uni seat, Suntory cranks and hubs.. And on comp 2 tires.. colored of course ended up going back to one piece cranks... stripped em out with my powerful legs..LoL to think that was 4O Years ago blows my mind.. Remember Redline Flight Cranks? Never could afford those things... oh and what about folding those Z Rims ?

IronCactus and t11ravis like this.
  17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I think you mean "freecoaster"...I hope anyhow.

backbone likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Mongoose, Supergoose, Team Mongoose, DRP, then, a CW ZL Pro. I’d love to relive those days.

19. Bloodhound

Sadly, "Negative Ghost Rider" on Dan's Comp...not long after I purchased a complete 24" from them about 1.5 yrs ago they have been taking money and not shipping due to not having product in stock.... It shows in stock but isn't... Empire BMX or Albes is much more reliable at this point in time. Quite a few on the VitalBMX forum have been having issues.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  20. Bloodhound

If you posted that on BMX Museum you'd be getting all kinds of offers probably...

t11ravis and KrooklynSV like this.