1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile, Alabama

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, Jun 12, 2014.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I'm in town for the weekend. Actually in Daphne.

Good places to eat? stuff to see?

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

If there's a Steamers nearby go get some royal red shrimp. You're welcome.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

From Daphne, get on the causeway and you will have your choice of seafood places. The USS Alabama battleship park is at the other end of the causeway from you. Bellingrath Gardens is worth a visit if you like that kind of thing. The town of Fairhope is just down the road from you. It's a pretty downtown with cafes, antique stores and such. Lots of people out walking the sidewalks. In Mobile, the Dauphin Street entertainment district usually has bars and breweries with live bands on weekends. Mobile also has several antebellum homes you can tour, such as Oakleigh, and a reconstructed colonial fort (Fort Conde). If you want to get out into the country, Saint Stephens Park has a fresh water lake in an old limestone quarry with swimming, paddle boats, and an archaeological dig at the 200 year old state capitol.

If you had caught us any other weekend, we could have put you on a flattrack bike Saturday night right across the Mississippi border, but we are leaving town ourselves.

4. socalrider

thank you both! I'm headed to fairhope today for a bit with some family.

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:stupid:

I lived in Mobile, Fairhope, and Foley for several years as a kid. Was just in Fairhope 2 weeks ago competing in my first Triathlon. LOVE Fairhope!

6. socalrider

Well we checked out fairhope, which was cool. walked around like tourists, then my cousin said we should try crawfish for lunch.
    Also had a beer all you southerners keep talking about:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]