1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin Charged with sex abuse - acquitted and found NOT guilty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Mar 25, 2020.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

This is painful to read.
    https://www.facebook.com/100008341441937/posts/2572457586375598/
    OP on Facebook:
    “Mat Mladin appeared by video-link in court today accused of child sex-offenses.

The yarn is behind a paywall, and I'm not paying to read the Telegraph. Ever.

I understand he's been locked up for two weeks and got out on bail today.“

"Aussie motorsport legend accused of child sex offenses

An Australian motorsport hall of famer and one of the most decorated superbike racers in living memory is accused of a string of child sex offenses. SUBSCRIBE TO READ MORE."

This is what is being reported:

"The 48-year-old team owner of Australian Supersport team Mladin racing, stands accused of four sex offenses, including sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10.

The Kirkham man has been charged with two counts of intentionally carry out a sex act on a child under 10, and one count of intentionally incite a child to do a sex act on him.

The former superbike racer was named one of the top 100 influential people in the MacArthur region. His lawyer, in making an application for his release from custody tiold the court his client planned to fight the allegations made against him.

"This is a matter which will obviously go to trial," he said. "There won't be a plea of guilty.

The lawyer also questioned the strength of the police case, highlighting the accusations weren;t brouight to the attention of the authorities until six months after the alleged incident.

"The complain as actually provided, after 185 questions, effectively a denial of any wrongdoing by the applicant,"he said, referring to the original police interview earlier this year.

new evidence ultimately led to Mladin's arrest by the Cild Abuse Sqaud on March 13, court documents state.

Mladin's significant medical issues and the impending court delays triggered by COVID-19 were also raised during the application for bail.

After close to a fortnight behind bars, the Kirkham man was granted strict conditional bail in Campbelltown Local Court on the condition of his mum posting a bail surety of $50,000.

The 48-year-old has to be chaperoned by an adult when in the company of a child under the age of 16. he has also surrendered his passport.

2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Well all I can say is I hope it isnt true. But if it is...... I dont feel bad for him at all and hope he gets what he deserves. The dudes in Jail dont take kindly to those people.

4. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

'significant medical issues'

5. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Damn...

6. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Someone needs a birthday party featuring Snuffy the Clown.

sdg likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He always said he had daddy issues... That's just real sad.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

DAFUQ?!

Article mentions Mladin's "significant medical issues". What the hell are those?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  9. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Why is it the ones you'd never expect do the craziest (nastiest) things?!

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot
    !
    !
    !

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

In on page 1...and somebody check on Toe!
    Also, WTF?

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Should we start conducting some welfare checks on some beebers?

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

no matter what he has done before or what legacy he has built:

rot in hell Mladin

SpeedyE, DrA5 and motion like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think I can guess someone's reaction right about now.....

[​IMG]

15. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Dave k. I'm gutted as well.... hopefully not true.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My gut says BS...therefore I will reserve judgment..and allow the system to do it's work.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

rapidzrx, BHP41, condon66 and 12 others like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is it the same in Aussie Land?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm with Britt on this. I hope to f@ck it's not true.

StaccatoFan, masshole and Banditracer like this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep the only time I was around him he was not the most pleasant person (in contrast with Spies who was the opposite) But that was at a race so he easily could have been in the mode. Besides being a jerk in no way means you molest kids. My bet is this is BS a shame if it is as it will stick with him even if innocent.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I also hope it's not true, but how often do they find new evidence to arrest someone for these kind of charges and then it turns out to be a mistake?