1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mithos Race Suits

Discussion in 'General' started by lookmtb, Jul 16, 2019.

1. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am that this showed up today! The fit is fantastic as well as the build quality.

What I'm not excited about is having to wait 6 months. Frustration aside, as someone that relied on the motorcycle community for reviews and opinions of race suits I feel I have an obligation to share my experience with Mithos USA. Before I begin I want to believe that others ordering now would not have to deal with the roadblocks that delayed my suit so long, and also re-iterate that the final product is truly stunning. So let's begin.

I ordered this suit on January 10th and the suit hit my doorstep today, July 16th. Yes you read that right. I had been saving my pennies and on January 10th I decided to place my order a little earlier than I thought I needed, specifically to avoid getting the suit mid season. I mistakenly ordered through the european site and immediately reached out via email and a facebook group to ensure this wouldn’t be an issue. The guy I talked with was helpful and made sure it had been noted I had already paid.

We began discussing how to get measured. There wasn’t any certified measuring center near by, but at the time I was assured a shop would be certified soon and if I can, I should wait. I agreed. It’s January after all and I don't need this thing until mid may at the earliest. Weeks went by and I heard nothing. I asked again and the guy even offered to come to my home to help make sure my measurements were accurate! What service right? Well that never happened. Over our conversations I can’t begin to count how many times I told him what city I lived in, only for him to forget. A few more weeks go by and I decide to insist on a measurement sheet so I can begin measuring myself. It wasn’t my favorite option, but it's late february now and there has been literally no movement on this suit. The same guy I’ve been dealing with this whole time agrees, but offers to do a video chat with me so we can go through them. Excellent! The best of both worlds I thought. I’ll get coached through the measurements and it’ll all happen in the comfort of my home. This did happen, although after several missed appointments on their end and a few text / emails expressing my displeasure with this process. At one point the guy called me by the wrong name. I was pissed, but I could tell this guy had a load of work on his plate.

Finally, it’s early march and I have my measurements! Things will get cooking now right! Well sort of. The last step was design (which why wasn’t this started while I was waiting before?). It takes maybe 10 days for the first design. It was stunning, but there were a couple small things I wanted changed (I’m paying a lot, it better be exactly what I want). Another week and I had the final design. I respond saying get this thing cooking! Only to not hear anything for another week. It’s a release form I have to sign basically saying I’m cool with the design and there are no typos in the rendering). I sign and return within an hour, only to not hear back for another week.

It is now the first week of April. I haven’t heard anything since I sent that form. I enquire about the lead time from this point and I’m told manufacturing takes 10-12 weeks. At this point I was so frustrated. It took almost 4 months to get measured and a design settled on and now it’s gonna be another 10-12 weeks?! Fine, let’s get this going.

Now from here I decided to just wait. I never got exact verbiage that the suit was in production, but I thought surely it must be right? By late-may I couldn’t help it, and asked how the progress was going. I get a response back from their customer support saying that they will check with the factory and get back with me. A week later, nothing. I send another email again asking the status of my order. This time I get a pretty snarky response saying they have requested an update and there’s nothing they can do (I’m paraphrasing). I wait another week. This time I send a more strongly worded email (remember I have never gotten confirmation the suit was in production). Again nothing. I send another email. This time I’m feeling more fed up and included some verbiage about canceling my order and demanding a refund. That got their attention! Shortly after that they were able to confirm with the factory that my suit is in production and will be “in the united states” by the first week of July. Just within their original 10-12 week quote. I say fine. I’ve waited this long, a few more weeks can’t hurt.

The first week of july goes by and again no communication. I inquire about my suits wareabouts on July 8th. They tell me the suit still hasn’t been delivered to them, but it’s on a UPS truck out for delivery that day! WOOT WOOT! They also tell me the suit will be packed up and sent out immediately.

Of course even this has a hiccup. Their accounting department thought I hadn’t paid up. Not only that, but the invoice they sent me wasn’t even right. They wanted to charge me for a Tech-Air vest that I definitely never said I wanted to order through them. So what gives? This was sorted out quickly enough and my suit was on the way… Via UPS ground of course. And it took until today to receive it.

So conclusions. Mithos makes a phenomenal suit. Their design department is spot on. Tech-Air compatibility is what drew me in in the first place. The fit is fantastic, especially for my body that doesn’t fit in off the rack suits well. Mithos is also dreadfuly incompetent when it comes to planning and communication. At least when it came to me and my suit. Delay after delay has lead to me still not having ridden my bike in 2019. The first half of my season has been completely ruined buy this experience. Now just to go use it!

`

Attached Files:

Brian_J likes this.
  2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Buy an add.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Spam is gross.

jasonhise and MELK-MAN like this.
  4. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

you should race horses.

5. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

What did you do with your old suit?

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

reads like alot of Tech-hot-Air???

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

It doesn't appear that you have an 'odd' shaped body, why not just buy off the rack??

8. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys even read his post?

It's not exactly a glowing review of the company or his overall experience.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Yeah, this would be a really odd marketing tactic if this post was spam.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Give us a review when you crash.....

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Axel Pons uses them, that’s the only review I need.

12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Buy a dictionary.

I have had a Mithos suit on order for just over a year. Paid for it April of 2018. Sounds like the wait will be worth it.

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I just got their measuring kit at home but you guys have me thinking twice about completing it. If this is an ad post, it's not working for me.

14. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Definitely not an ad post.

Mine came in the same batch as the OPs. Should have it soon. Went with the Tech Air as well.

15. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I can get a custom built rv faster, no thanks!

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I certainly hope they gave you a discount for the number of their logos that they used. Did you agree to that? If so, why?

17. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

Unfortunately I sold it to fund this thing

LOL Definitely not an add:crackup:I posted this here because this is where I came when I was trying to decide on what brand to buy.

I'm not even gonna say don't buy from them. It's a great product. Do with this information as you see fit.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When Heroic started up they had something like 13 or 17 Heroic badges on the suits. Bit much.

19. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

My general experience with anything custom in the motorcycle world is that once they have your money, there is no big hurry to fulfill the order. I know there are exceptions to the rule, but I can't recall one instance where anything custom I pre-paid for came in at the promised date. Most items require on average two follow-up phone calls after the fact to make something happen.

Sweatypants, Phl218 and 418 like this.