1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Excavators

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Apr 23, 2018.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Looking at buying either a JD 50g, Kubota KX-040, or a Bobcat E42. I am looking as enclosed cab, 12 and 24 inch buckets, and a thumb. I know this is in some ways a Chevy vs Ford type thread but any suggestions from people who have owned/used both. I will be financing either way, and I plan to buy new not used.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Man, I think its a toss up. I'd look at who has the best financing, who's the closest for service, etc. They're all 3 popular around here.

condon66 likes this.
  3. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

my son and I bought a TAKEUCHI TB135 . Not enclosed cab. Excellent machine!

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

My work spreads the wealth so to speak among the heavy equipment mfgs....They buy JD/Cat/Bobcat skidsteers, JD/Cat/Kubota/Doosan excavators, JD/Cat hoes, etc....

Like egg said, whatever salesman walks in with the best deal with price and service at the time, seems to get the business.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Not a fan of their controls, I have run a 260.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Same financing between JD and Kubota, I'm not sure about Bobcat.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

If you finance through JD, it will be a hidden tradeline. Meaning the loan will not show up on your credit reports. The hard inquiry will of course be recorded by Transunion (that's who they pull IIRC).

That can be very helpful to keep your DTI ratio down for future financing for 'stuff'.....house, motorcycle, boat.

8. eggfooyoung

Silly question, but do you prefer JD, or CAT controls? If CAT, will the JD have a control switch on it?

2Fer likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

Then I would be comparing rates on the service truck, shop time, parts discounts and warranties.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I prefer ISO, most machines now can switch between ISO and STD.

11. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I own all Kubota stuff. 2 reasons. Most power to weight ratio. Dealer support. When a hose breaks on Sunday at 3pm, I send a text and someone meets me at the dealership. I suggest renting the machines you are considering buying first if possible. The KX121-3 had more power than any other machine I operated.

12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

13. That amount of local service for a machine that you depend on is worth the price of admission alone.