1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milwaukee M18 battery Q

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Jan 11, 2021.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I want to get one of the 1/2" Milwaukee cordless impacts.

I already have a cordless Milwaukee drill and small impact that use the M18 style batteries.

According to what I've read so far, all the M18 style batteries are interchangeable - but wanted to get the BBS confirmation that this is fact accurate.

this is the one I’m considering:

https://www.redtoolstore.com/produc...-xf0iyVfWu4NEL5v0j6OiiWlOta9IgFxoCPTwQAvD_BwE

Any real world info appreciated.

tks
    M

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

M18 is M18.

You’ll be fine.

I’ve got some 7 year old M18 2.0 batteries I run (very very briefly) along with the year old M18 9.0 on all the same stuff, fuel and non-fuel alike.

Ducti89 and RRP like this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks!

and I just remembered I need to send you those MX boots (if you still want them, sorry about that!)

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Absolutely!

Thank you. Still have my info?

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think I do in my PMs. I'll follow up via PM and send you my address etc and make sure we are on the same page.

tks
    M

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Right on!

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

PM'd. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Got it!

:crackup:

9. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

Do yourself a huge favor and get this one https://www.redtoolstore.com/collec...1-2-high-torque-impact-wrench-w-friction-ring

I know is more expensive but it’s an unbelievable tool and much better than the one you have listed. You may not think you’ll ever need 1400 ftlbs breakout but when you do, you’ll be a hero.

RRP likes this.
  10. muguvian

muguvian Well-Known Member

The FUEL version mid-torque (2861) is the same price as what you referenced and more breakaway torque in a more compact body. I picked one up with a XC5.0 for $239 at Northern Tool over Christmas that has been great so far for auto wheel and suspension work.

pjdoran and RRP like this.
  11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

What Dern said.

RRP likes this.
  12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Great tool but not sure about their rating. I have 2763 which suppose to undo 1000# but it would not undo motorhome lugs (450-500#)
    Get more powerful one :)

RRP likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Our 1 inch air gun has problems getting some lugnuts off. Corrosion and not being off in a long time will make any job a pain in the ass.

14. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

The 2767 is rated at 1400ft/lbs, I think it's the most powerful battery that they make. The one you posted is 450 ft/lbs

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

This got me interested since I’m invested in Milwaukee. Summarized the previously posted model numbers
    2662 - 450 ftlbs
    2861 - 450-600 ftlbs
    2763 - 700-1100 ftlbs
    2767 - 1000-1400 ftlbs

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Buy the 3/4" drive with friction ring and reduce it.

I took 1.5" lugs off a semi trailer on a plant demo job this fall that was a good 50yrs old. And had not moved.

Spun the studs right out of the brake drums.

Make sure to use the black steel heavy sockets also.....they make all the difference

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I was to take all wheels off and change tires. Bought 33mm socket and lugs did not move.
    Drove it to the shop and let them change tires. Did not want to spend money on tools I would use once in 10 years.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have the 2663-20 which appears to be the same tool only with the friction ring instead of the pin. If I was working on heavy equipment I would probably want something bigger but if you are just doing lug nuts, etc. on passenger vehicles it is a good tool. At least I have not encountered anything that it struggled with.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

27xx is when they went brushless, iirc. 26xx is brushed and 1/3 the power (at least on paper).

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks all for all the info.

Looks like the 1400lb torque model is available for about $400 with charger and 2 batteries. Will likely go with that even if its a bit of overkill for my typical use.

thanks!
    M

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.