1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Millennial Cyclists bike through ISIS territory to prove they are kind.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by DrA5, Aug 16, 2018.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There goes that theory.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Hard way to figure it out, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I read both and they both stretch the truth. He did not ride across to prove they are kind he was riding around the world. That said he was 100% snowflake SJW who did every left wing crazy in the book then was rewarded. Rode into a dangerous place and treated it like all others to his loss.

418 likes this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Always amazed to learn about a new level of stupidity, kinda reminds me of that stupid family who thought it'd be fun/cute to get out of their car to pet the big wild cats and almost learned the hard way you can't simply be 'kind' to savages.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was in a few of the 'stans back a few years/ decades ago and no freakin' way I'd even leave the compounds without an up armoured humvee.

Now I wouldn't even the compound in anything short of an M1A Abrams.

7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Their blog has some great pictures and write-ups of their travels. Looks like they just decided to have a around-the-world bike touring adventure before settling down to start a family, started in South Africa and worked there way up and around the Mediterranean (through Europe) before heading into Asia. Not a horrible idea for a young couple. For what it's worth, I have no idea where those quotes of them doing this for humanitarian/political ideals came from, their blog appears to be pretty non-political and a quick scan shows they're frequently concerned and mindful of where they're traveling.

418 likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Good.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Man...they are learning so much in college these days....

I have a new business venture I'd like to discuss. We are going to open the "Duval schools of Common Sense" and we are going to charge a literal fuck ton of money...clearly those that would need the education would be easily fleeced of their dollars.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

If ur gonna be dumb.....
    you gotta be tough

looks like they are neither

11. 418

418 Expert #59

+1

Seems like whole lot of clickbait. A couple trying to do some epic shit and lost their lives doing it. Also from I could gather Tajisthkan isn't exactly a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Seems like one of those crazy things that just happends.

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

The NYT article doesn’t even mention the couples political or overal views, whereas the Pluralist spends the majority of the article focusing on those pieces of information?

Almost like........fake news.

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Hmmm...reminds me of the Girl and the Snake.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think it's a reach to find a political angle here.
    Maybe they were naive but it also sounds like the attack was unusual for the area.

418 likes this.