1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Brown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rob P, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why does it see that the Prosecutor is expected to be some blood thirsty animal eager to lock people up at all costs? Lots of people seem to be upset that the PA is not all broken and butt hurt that he didn't get an indictment. That's NOT HIS JOB. His job is to look at the evidence and try to determine if there is enough evidence that a crime was committed to pursue prosecution. If there is not, then there is nothing wrong with the innocent going free.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

The argument has been that because McCollough is the son of a slain cop, ho would be biased towards the cop. The glaring hole in that argument is that as the prosecutor his bias would be to that of the victim, if anything, whereas a defense attorney would more likely be biased towards the perpetrator.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Slapdown for Charles (Barkley)

Kenny Smith's open letter to Charles Barkley about Ferguson

However, what I consistently find interesting is how writers and media members view your insights in politics, and now race relations, with the same reverence as your insights in sports.

They did it in the Trayvon Martin trial and now with Mike Brown and the decision in Ferguson. It’s not that you shouldn’t ever have an opinion, but you are often quoted alongside the likes of Al Sharpton and even President Obama. I would hope that Sharpton or President Obama would never be referenced with you when picking the next NBA Champs!

The body of work that our Black Civil Rights leaders put in by planning, executing and activating does not justify you being in the conversation. While your body of work on the court very few compare to nor should be mentioned when you are giving your expert analysis.

4. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Nope.

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

You shoulda bolded the rest of the letter where Smith says people need to continue the doubt on police. A quote that no doubt people will use on every little situation in which they believe they've been wronged...no matter how unreasonable the idiot.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

respect has to be earned.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Don't know where you grew up but I was tought to respect the police and provide help if needed. You want to make their job difficult...continue with the bullshit. I've asked this once before and received no answers from anyone on the forum. How many people here have been legitimately wronged by the police??? Your difference of opinion on a traffic ticket or bullshit interpretation of a law does not count.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I had a couple act like real asses showing off for their buddies once 40 years ago (they were profiling the long hairs), but the vast majority of my experiences have been respectful.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I had one straight up lie in order to give me a ticket. I'd squealed my tires in the parking lot of my work on a bet that my car couldn't do it. Went back inside, finished work, then left. I got pulled over as soon as I pulled out on the highway and they said I'd done the tire spinning there instead of on the private property I'd been on.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Horseshit.

That's an excuse to act like an asshole.

Show respect until there's a reason not to.

11. Fonda Dix

the police have given reason time and time again. they earned all the disrespect they get.

12. cccolin

cccolin Well-Known Member

we were also taught that the police were there to serve and protect, which is clearly not always the case.

and yes, I have experienced legitimate wrongs by police. multiple. several years apart, in different states.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was unaware that every LEO on the planet has earned it. :rolleyes:

Swing and a miss...

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

And the communities they police? They haven't?

15. Fonda Dix

Its hard not to use the same profiling techniques employed by the police. They have followed the one bad apple spoils the whole bunch theory since the beginning of law enforcement. Why should they expect more even handed judgement from us?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  16. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

The people shall revolt!!!

Law enforcement only has control and authority because the citizens allow it.

If that or any other community wanted to fuck up the local authority, it wouldn't be difficult as they will always outnumber law enforcement 100 to 1. It just takes people getting pissed off enough.

I'm a lazy slob so I won't be involved.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not all idiots are unreasonable. I've met some donut munchers that weren't absolute cunts. :Poke: :Poke:

Didn't realize you were the be-all, end-all on what "counts". :rolleyes:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hate to call a check swing on ya here, but you can't play the absolutist and generalist in the same thread.

Gutter ball. :moon:

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When the gen pop has carte blanche to fuck with the personal lives of any cop they meet, maybe then that argument will hold water. :clap:

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anarchy, ANarchy, ANArchy, ANARchy, ANARChy, ANARCHy, ANARCHY!!!! Cmooon say it out loud maaannn!!!

:rolleyes:

You sound just like those other underprivileged groups crying about 'the man'. :D :Poke: