1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Jul 10, 2018.

1. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Everyone will have their own opinion. I’ve misread the situation and my comments went a lot further than expected, that’s on me. My friends obviously would of wanted to see me race and of course would take a stand, as I’m sure anyone would. That’s what friends are for.

We had comments from Matt, myself and Brian, I’ve said my peace and just hope that in the future we don’t have to deal with this.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I have no problems apologizing to @KMC and @INDYDUCATI for the misunderstanding.

But boy do you fly off the handle :Poke::crackup:

maslov likes this.
  3. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Because I know how little things can impact a livelihood like owning a dealership. I didn’t fly off the handle. I stood up for the dealers that I know well and have worked with closely. It’s their lives and saying what you said can hurt.

Maslov is a stand up guy for what he said after my posts. I classify you under that as well. Thank you for being a stand up dude.

cav115, rcarson15 and maslov like this.
  4. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

On a lighter side of things... KMC and I share the same number but in different classes. I guess his transponder was not working right during one of the HWT SBK races Saturday and the announcer kept calling my name... this is the text I got [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joec likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

In this case you are the one spreading around inaccuracies. The quote you stated and that of your friend who was actually there were drastically different.

I, too, was once a bold 20 something year old man that spoke too soon and came off as ignorant. “It’s better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you’re stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.”

Mot Okstef and Phl218 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same bike number by any chance?

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Mark Twain. :D

rcarson15 and CarrMoto like this.
  8. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

I did delete an earlier post in which I said I would never deal with maslov again but I deleted it because it was rash. I hope we can hit the reset button and continue on as friends at the track and more. I think the guys said it best, I would help you if I thought I could in a reasonable time, but it needed a scan. I'm working on a cheaper solution to the cost of the Ducati tool and you all are welcome to use it when we are at the track when I get it sorted.

Is that thing fixed yet? :)

I would love to know what it was.

Mot Okstef and 03RumbleBee like this.
  9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

You don't know the conversation that happened in our pits after "it" happened. It was vastly different than trying to save face and resolve things on the BBS. We apologized, so take your shit somewhere else.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Busy week after two on the road and want to go play trivia and get less than sober tonight without thinking about pissing matches on here so everyone step back and chill. Thanks.

11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Note to self. Never buy a Ducati :D

SV's are a tenth the cost and their racers all get along. Except of course those DBs that's are clearly running a 2mil motor in the SS class. You know who you are. :Poke:

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They rock, and it's fun to make fun of them :D

13. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Yep!

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Abigail Adams is a good trivia answer. It’s popped up twice at two different locations recently. :D

15. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Man, this whole thing has been resolved no need for snark comments here.

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

I will say that I'm impressed when someone races a Ducati though. Usually they just get washed and ridden to the Starbucks once a week :)

Phl218 likes this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks! :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am so going to answer Abigail Adams when I have no idea tonight instead of my normal NFC answer :D

cBJr likes this.
  20. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. As I’ve said I completely understand where you come from and I hold nothing against you. My apologies for this being blown up out of proportion. I have no dealers in my area and it’s hard to work on this thing myself... that said I have no intention of burning bridges.

No fix as of yet. Work is kicking my ass but I’m hoping I can get to it soon. A buddy of mine has the Ducati tool in question, so I’m hoping to get it read to see what the issue is. I also have a spare oem QS so I’ll switch it out and see if it resolves the error code.