1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio Vintage Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by grasshopper, Apr 6, 2017.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I've only been to Mid Ohio once over ten years ago. It was a track day and it rained the whole time and I was the only one out there riding. So this year since I have the RD350 going I'd like to race that and the SV. Is there usually a big turn out to this? I hear the swap meet is pretty big and impressive. Can we camp and stay in the paddock all night or do they kick you out? Give me the low down of the weekend. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I don't see a schedule out yet or maybe I'm not looking in the right place on the WERA website.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No schedule released yet - it's done but it's the AMA's event so it's in their court now.

I expect a huge turnout since we're not against NJMP (thanks again AHRMA!). The event overall is good lord big. I can't describe the swap meet, you have to see it.

Camping is allowed in the paddock. No power anywhere except garages. Go to the spectator camping for the evening entertainment - just keep an escape route in mind at all times :D

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

"The event overall is good lord big."

That right there is what my granpappy used to called a fair assessment.

sPatlovich1 and JJJerry like this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

The SV grids are quite large every year. The event itself is a great time.

Practice day Friday, Race Satruday and Sunday. Gates open Wednesday night (I think) for maximum funage. Pit bikes are mandatory for attendance, as are multiple cases of beer.

5axis and Wade Parish like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Been years since I was at the Mid-Ohio vintage days. Last time they were blowing out the Cannondale parts when that outfit went belly up. I bought 2 Ohlins shocks for $10 apiece...just cause they looked pretty. Bought a large box of mostly new NOS CB400F parts for around $80...still have them awaiting a rebuild on on a junkyard CB440F I found...

6. grasshopper

Sean! Let's see that schedule! :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

AMA is putting out a press release with links today then I'll get it on the schedules page.

8. grasshopper

Today? Or next week today?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I plead the fifth...

I just know my part is done :D

Wade Parish likes this.
  10. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I see that registration is now open for VMD at Mid-Ohio. I will pay you to race your RD350 if:
    You register it for the Saturday July 8 the "F500, V1, 350 GP" or the "V5,V3" and,
    You are a winner of a handicap prize based on your race results, or
    You are one of the first five paid participants who does not win a prize but can be paid start money.
    See thread pinned above for details.
    In each race a total of 10 riders will be paid $50 - $150 as a mixture of prizes and start money.
    So, don't delay, register today and plan on being there.

11. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Ron, is this the only race this year that you are sponsoring?

12. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Yes, unless my social security checks increase dramatically.

13. grasshopper

I should be there but I need to ride the bike, test it, tune ect... prior to registering for the mid ohio weekend. I'm trying to aim for Grattan in a couple weeks. I've been riding it around on the street but it will go up on the bench this weekend and get fully wired and race prepped. Is this program still offered if I register late or at the track?

14. yamageezer

Good luck with that! :( Then I have some Yamaha swag to take with you for giveaways.

15. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind offer. I will take you up on it. Last year at the handicap race at Barber Mark Morrow gave drinkable champagne to the top 10 finishers. It was a great addition to the prizes and greatly enlivened the awards presentation.

We have room for additional sponsors to either add more prizes (cash or products) to this event, as you are offering to do, or to help fund future rounds. Should any such potential sponsors be lurking, you will be praised and thanked profusely. There is always room for one more sponsor in the podium pictures.

yamageezer likes this.
  16. yamageezer

Ron, Heather and I may take a ride out to your place Sunday morning/ lunch if you're around? We can drop off the yamaschwag, unless you're coming out my way anytime soon.