1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio Race Report, July 17-18th

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tittys04, Jul 22, 2013.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

First of all, I want to sincerely thank WERA for taking a chance on this event, it was an absolute blast. I also want to thank Sean and Evelyne for doing what needed to be done to keep the air fence up for our event, it was great to see all of it around the track and know that I was safer because of it. Also, thanks for getting Charles there to announce, and Charles... thanks for making yourself available, it's always very entertaining. Lastly, thanks to all of the cornerworkers who sweat off their last 12 meals while watching us go around in circles. If not for you, we wouldn't be able to do what we do, so thanks :up:

All in all, it was a great event. The cliffnotes version is as follows:

Blew a tire on the hauler
    trackday was fun, but slow
    Race 1 - Crash
    Race 2 - DNS
    Race 3 - 6th
    Race 4 - 3rd
    Race 5 - 3rd
    Race 6 - 2nd
    Race 7 - 3rd
    Race 8 - 2nd
    Made it home safe a sound

I was moving pretty good by race 6, but started to slowly back off the pace later in the day due to fatigue. Best lap of the week was a 1:35.1, which I was extremely happy about.

Full Race Report

Can't wait for Grattan! :rock:

2. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

It was awesome racing with you! You made very good passes/decisions and kept things safe, which can't be said for some other riders. Grattan should be a lot of fun, I have a feeling that there will be some heated battles going on.

3. tittys04

Thanks for the compliments :up: I do my best to stay ahead of the pack as safely as I can. I tell you what... I'm still a little confused where you came from in that CSS race. It was a good pass, I'm a little upset I let it happen... but you were definitely looking good that race. :beer:

I have a feeling you're right... There's going to be some good racing going on in the Novice races at Grattan.

4. Jonny Boy

Here is the Vid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohamXeGgpU&feature=share&list=UU9jjWxlKOPxzGTI6YOYLzuA

It was the only race I finished in front of you out of the two days... lmao, and yes your passing was nice and clean! It was def one of my best races. My best was a 36.6, but I dont think it was during that race.

5. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Nice work, see you at Grattan.

6. tittys04

I'm not going to lie, when you came by me I was like "who in the hell is that guy?" I hadn't paid much attention before that point, but you ran a hell of a race in CSS. I was glad you were fighting with Andrew, it slowed you guys down so I could keep up. I was hoping it would slow you guys down just a bit more so I could swoop in and get you both when you weren't expecting it, but I just didn't have the steam to do it at that point in the day. I'm going to need to learn Grattan CW really quick. :D

7. Jonny Boy

Have you run Grattan CW? If not your are in for a treat! It has many similarities to Mid O.

8. tittys04

The last time I was on Grattan CW was about the same time I was last on Mid-Ohio, about 5 years ago at an intermediate track day pace... so I definitely don't know it well. I'm looking forward to learning it, though. The only track I really know in the NC region is Beaver, so I have to learn every other one.

9. Jonny Boy

I will be there on the Friday before coaching and riding, come find me and I will try to give you a tow. I will be in garage 9 or 10 most likely.

10. tittys04

Sounds good man, looking forward to it!