1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Cohen Testimony

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I didn't think anyone ever watched that show anymore... what with all the PC run amuck...

brex likes this.
  2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I can only take it in small doses, just happened to flip past it as they were doing the Cohen bit. It was pretty funny with bits targeted at both sides.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He is not remotely self made. Don't tell me you grew up and worked up that way and still believe that one...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm confused, who is bitching about being called out?

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How wealthy was his dad?

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yes, it is/was. So according to your link, he received 50x the amount he has claimed in the past = $50M

I never really followed the Trumps and don't know the details of their lives, I could care less actually. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all different types of people trying to discredit his net worth, why? Who the hell knows or cares but it amuses me when folks make it sound EASY PEASY to amass the fortune that he has. I would NEVER agree with anyone, including him, making a claim that he was a self-made man or millionaire, that would be an utter falsehood. However, technically, since his pop was never worth more than an estimated $250M, a claim could easily be made that Donald is indeed a self-made BILLIONAIRE.

The post I quoted was not the first time Sean has made such a remark, we actually debated this self-made BS before. It's almost like he and many other Trump wealth deniers actually believe it's really easy to turn 1M/50M or even 250M into BILLIONS....and that, quite frankly, is amusing to me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    kangasj likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Extremely? You looking for numbers? If so which ones, the ten million he gave CJ to start his own deals or the amount he was worth when he died the family inherited or the worth of the company he gave CJ to run? Lots of options there. Dad wasn't self made either, that all came from his mother being a slumlord.

You sure you're from that area? Not like any of this is remotely a secret.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In real estate in NYC with the connections and pull of his dad it's not that hard. I'm not knocking his business sense, he plays the game extremely well from knowing where to buy to getting laws changed in his favor to knowing when to go bankrupt with any given business and so on. But when you start off wealthy, third generation of NYC are real estate tycoons and slumlords, you are NOT self made. You just took what was there and kept it growing.

Self made means you did it all alone - he did not. He had a lot of help.

crashman likes this.
  10. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

How do you know he's worth billions? Or even millions?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Forbes cays his net worth is $3.1 billion. I'm inclined to take that at face value over your snarky comments.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Holy crap, all of us Dungeon dwellers all seem to have flaws in some way of thinking on various subjects, this one is yours. Own it! LOL!

No Sean, it's NOT easy to amass BILLIONS of dollars, no matter how much you try to discredit him, that family, their net worth or how simple it was for him to do so. The only real point I was trying to make is they (his parents) were NOT billionaires. The quick look up I did says they were only worth a quarter of that, maybe a smidgeon more. His pops passed away in the late 90's, various sources say Donald was already a billionaire by 1990 through making some very smart buys/acquisitions.....that apparently just anyone can do. :rolleyes:

As for the NYC real estate market, apparently, in your head, they only go up, huh? :crackup:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

+1
    Forbes seems to be an authority on peoples net worth's, they too also had him listed as a billionaire in 1988.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: You really don't listen some days :D I am not saying he's a bad businessman. He's not. I am merely saying he is not self made. Because he's not. Doesn't matter if he went from multi millionaire to billionaire. That is not self made. It does not fit the definition. I do give him credit for turning multi millions into billions. He deserves that. It is still not self made.

BTW - if anyone could do it based on your own post then those with no money could have done so as well and we both know that is patently false. You cant make billions in real estate without the millions to start you off. It's not like Gates, Trump had to have the money to initially buy property.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quit pissing in the Kool-Aid. You're making it taste bad.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, too much coffee this morning. It's making the dogs mad too because they wake up every time I put the laptop down to go pee :D

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. He did very well for himself but he definitely had a running start...

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If you actually read my post above I already acknowledged that he's not a "self-made" man.
    However, I think where we differ is the use of the word, self-made. You only want to use it in the overall sense of wealth, what I'm saying is if he or anyone uses it to describe his billionaire status, by calling him a self-made BILLIONAIRE" it's not an inaccurate description.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can keep trying but you're still just wrong sorry. :D

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Opinions are like ah's, and you've proven more often than not that you have Yuuuuge opinions. :p