1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MGA fans

Discussion in 'General' started by Raceless man, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Couple pics of the MGA we just finished..owner of car did it right..bought all new or nicely rechromef pieces..we also restored the golden hawk in the second pic.

Attached Files:

• mg1.jpg
      mg1.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
    • mg2.jpg
      mg2.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    Cannoli, Stumpy, cBJr and 7 others like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Beautiful automobile

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DAMN!!!! :up:

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sweet! We picked up an MGB back in November. It's been fun to drive and (mostly) enjoyable to tinker around working on.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What year? Metal bumper?

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

1594319347191146694106.jpg My MGTD. It was my dad's toy.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jealous. Wish my Dad could have kept his Morgan.

9. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

The MGA is a 59 and yes metal bumpers..the Studebaker isn't the Golden Hawk..thats a different customer. The one in picture is a Gran Turismo with R1 suspension..i just paint so the particulars are beyond my scope. We have a customer that we restored 3 Studebakers for. The GT in the pic..a second Super Hawk similar color and a sweet maroon Avanti.. I told him he is a Studebater. Haha

10. nigel smith

We still have my dad's old MGB. 1974, I think. Last year with chrome bumpers. It ran when he parked it many years ago, but it's a mess now. Sometimes, I'm tempted to get it on the road, but they have no value. I could just buy a nice one for less than restoration costs.

11. nigel smith

I plan to give it to Caleb sooner or later. After all these years, it needs to stay in the family.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely.

13. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Sweet. There's an MGA and a GT that I see rolling around here from time to time. 20 footers but nice to see them driven instead of being garage queens.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

No, unfortunately this was a 75 with the rubber baby buggy bumpers. But if there's a bright spot to that it was pampered all its life in garages and carports. The rubber isn't all nasty and sun bleached. Looks clean. Only 35K on the clock.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

People think they are worth eleventy bazillion dollars. Saw them listed all over the place but they still sell reasonably priced.

It'd be fun to build and get running on the cheap. Well, cheap, as long as there is limited rust. Parts were cheap and bulding it might be as much fun as driving it. :)

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm a weirdo and actually prefer the look of the rubber bumper. What color is it?

17. rd400racer

Only picture I have of my MGB when I lived in the Keys circa 1983, with my dad and brothers who happened to be down for a visit.

[​IMG]

Cannoli likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, preppies galore :D

rd400racer likes this.
  19. nigel smith

My dad pretty much rust proofed it way back when. He was a mechanical engineer and a bit obsessive about project cars. He actually drove it back and forth to work for many years. Anyhow, it's as solid as a rock. Mice have been in the upholstery and wiring, and the brakes are probably a solid lump by now. I should probably tell my kid that he can have it if he fixes it.

20. rd400racer

:crackup:Guilty as charged