1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metzeler Racetec RR CompK Slick - any opinions?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Senna, Apr 3, 2019.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I’m not trying to sound like a dick but if you tire looks ”barely used” after 6 sessions your not going that fast....

2. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

In comparison to what I had before. I’m saying it lasts longer.

3. JBowen33

Okay but what are your lap times compared to the Pirellis? I doubt they are as fast and I know they aren’t faster. If your truly running an A pace which again not being a dick I doubt you are because your tires wouldn’t look almost brand new after 6 sessions on what you say is an abrasive track( what track?) What compound Pirellis where you using before and what compound Metzelers are you using now. You could be comparing two completely different tire compounds and not even making an “apples and apples” comparison.

4. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

They’re an even harder compound than the superbike slick, YouTube video showed some dude did a laptime one second slower with these than with the Pirelli superbike slicks

and when I say new I don’t mean unworn I mean newer than the powercup evo’s did. What I’m trying to get across to readers is they last longer which makes them a great track day tire for a low price, and is the best bet below anything that’s $500 a set

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dick... :D

I’d be curious to try a set out for control riding but shipping is $80 :(

6. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Where are you buying your tires? I can get a set of SC1 slicks for $415...

7. JBowen33

Buy from your trackside vendor and you’ll pay less then 500 for Pirellis and usually it’s free mounting and balance. No shipping and the tires are fresh dates not some tire that’s a few years old sitting in a warehouse from a .com

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

FYI I looked around the interwebs and found this
    Moto garage is selling the Racetec Comp K slicks 120/70 & 200/55) for 225 a set
    The new Pirelli TD DOTs not slicks (120/70 & 200/55) are 365 a set
    A set of 120/70 & 200/60 Diablo SBK slicks are 415 a set
    A set of M brand Evo (120/70 & 200/55) slicks are 430 a set
    A set of D brand (120/70 & 200/60) slicks are 400 a set
    A set of B brand (120/70 & 190/650) slicks are 415 a set

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Everything from tread compounds, carcass & tread belting materials, and sizes

10. Ken Hunt

Ken Hunt New Member

11. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

Take my knowledge with a grain of salt as I wasn’t on the pointy end, but I do have some recent’ish (2017) racing experience with the metzler racetec rr. Switched from Pirelli’s to Metzler’s for a pricing agreement and support. In short, the profiles were nearly or exactly the same as the Pirelli counterpart. I ran the K1 and k2 compounds. Rears seemed to be very similar in wear and grip. Heat and pressures were very similar. The front is where it differed. I never had the same confidence in the front and crashed quite a bit learning the tire. It was an entire season of racing to get back to the same laptimes from the season before. If I wasn’t racing I’d track day them all day long while saving over $150 vs the Pirelli.

jd41 likes this.
  12. JBowen33

You do realize all Metzelers are just old gen Pirelli tires right? Pirelli owns Metzeler and has for a very long time...

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Not really they're developed with a different set of engineers and at types of racing circuits

JBowen33 likes this.
  14. JBowen33

I stand corrected