1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal buildings or Bardiminium in TN

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, May 17, 2021.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

FINALLY getting close to closing the deal on some land for a move to TN (not that far from current in AL). Anyone know of barndeminium or metal building folks in southern middle TN? Any comments on barndeminiums? Tentative plan is build a decent sized metal building with a studio apartment in the front. Later the apartment would be a lab for stuff like 3d printing and electronics probably. Would want AC in the building both sections with a few 50A outlets

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

To be or not to be, that is the question. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Barndominium.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How many dogs?

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

https://www.steelmasterusa.com
    Skip the middleman.
    Pour the (radiant heat?) slab. Have your friends help you erect the structure. Pay them with beer and one of the half-dozen new battery-powered tools you'll provide for the fasteners. You'll prolly want to rent scaffolding and/or a manlift.
    If you dig deep enough into their website, you'll find end walls, windows, skylights, insulation, venting, etc. and the reasons their product is about the best on the market.

They're getting ready to jack prices soon due to metal resource costs, something you'll likely encounter with any steel building provider if they haven't already done so.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Shouses don’t appraise on the secondary market for shit. Or so I’m told

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Barn behind the house is the way to go

8. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2 now but there would be a Sheltie party eventually so think 30+ :timeforabeer:

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My grandpa always had shelties, even named each one the same name.

Really smart, attentive dogs.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Same name??? Our next door neighbors in Lakeland growing up had a series of cats and no imagination on names. They were Chrissy 1, Chrissy 2....Chrissy 5...and then we moved. Did I mention we lived close to a major intersection?

tony 340 likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I guess that explains what happened to C#3 & C# 4 . They got arrested for traffic violations :D

tony 340 likes this.