1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorial Day

Discussion in 'General' started by 10-15, May 25, 2020.

1. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Daniel Carlan

2. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

As she should have. I’ve received three calls today thanking for my service and wishing me a happy Memorial Day. Although I appreciate the sentiment, deep down I’m saying WTF is wrong with you.

scottn likes this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I played our bugle I last played last around '72 - 74, when I was still in Boy Scouts, on our front porch today.
    With my Dad being the last, and long-time Scoutmaster, I've been slowly getting rid of all of the troop's stuff, for many years.
    I've had this bugle, likely Korean war surplus, on display on my living room bookcase for years.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

standing tall
    so proud
    twenty-one gun salute

*that was a haiku btw

scottn and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Please remember those who died in training accidents, especially those during the Cold War. I lost five fellow soldiers in the battalions I served with while on active duty. We were there in the field getting it done to show our little Russian buddies that we didn't quit when the weather turned ugly.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

This one was tougher than I expected. I lost a close friend recently who was badly wounded in Iraq and fought for his life for 10 years and over 90 surgeries. One of the toughest men I’ve ever known. Sometimes KIA is immediate, and sometimes it takes a while.

Daniel Prigge, 2nd Bat 75th Rangers. RLTW

Also, more than ever I don’t give a shit how people spend our most important holiday. Grill, party, go boating, whatever. It’s America. Do what the fuck you want as long as you know why you get to do it.

RRP, Boman Forklift and SuddenBraking like this.
  7. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Totally agree, it is the people who don't know why that get me upset.

8. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

I have always 'known' the reason for the holiday I did not fully 'understand' until this year.
    This year was tough for me also.
    Maybe we should call it a day of rememberance instead of holiday