1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mediumweight Twins

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA 16, Aug 17, 2000.

1. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

My personal opinion on the 748 is this: If someone wants to ride the thing, fine. If they have the money to support owning and maintaining a newer "competitive" Ducati, then by all means, go for it. I reject it for lightweight twins because the 748r has a tremendous advantage over other bikes, it's just that simple. With thousands of dollars in extras, i.e. ohlins suspension, marchesini wheels, etc, it's not even worth arguing. Many people enjoy a class for the fiancially challenged. Others enjoy pushing a smaller displacement bike to it's limits. If someone is that hellbent on running the bike, take it to C superbike and put it up against fair competition.

(Ding Ding)... There's my 2 cents. Now before the panties get wound too tight, try this on..

Create a class that allows the 748, as well as the SV 650. Limit the 748 to ss, and the SV's and under to Superbike rules. Thus creating a class that can allow the 748 it's rightful place among the carnage, as well not leaving such a gap for the lesser bikes to catch up in. As well, allow 250 Gp's to run because in all fairness, if your able to support a 748 and $3500 in SV motorwork, than you should be able to deal with the pesky cornering of the Ring Dingers.
    The class can be run in a 2 wave field to make space.

Note... I am not a scheduler. I know time is tight. But I also believe that Another class to run woul be more money for payouts and more money for Sean [​IMG] So now that I have thrown myself to the Wolves, let the feast begin [​IMG]

2. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Sounds great to me. Now I might shutup.

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, but then some other whiner will speak up wanting a class of his own for some dinosaur like an FZR400. [​IMG]

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

There's power in numbers,I'll whine with Tracee! [​IMG]

6. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

<whine>
    I wanna class for mopeds, tricycles, and GSs
    </whine>
    [​IMG]

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

Well then I want a night racing class for 10 speeds with battery powered lights zip-tied to the bars.

I modified Stickboy's bike on Saturday night after a few (too many) beers and rode the track. Probably didn't do too much good for the knee but it was fun at the time. [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Try mountain biking Tom. Tuesday I did a nice little endo. Tweaked my thumb and gouged my shin. Wednesday I was trying to go under a log across the trail and I stood up a little early. Needless to say I laying on my back with a nice scrape down it. Get up go about another 300 yds. and go to bunny hop a log laying on the ground. I haven't been able to totally clear this log yet. So I pulled extra hard and ended up endo again when the rear tire just barely hit the log. Now that's having some good fun.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

tom make sure you mention me as a sponsor when you get on the podium with my bike

10. wera122

wera122 Guest

Alright Tracee, that's enough talk about endos! One a year is TOO MUCH! You're giving me "fencepost flashbacks" Cut it out! [​IMG]

I'll be glad to mention you as a sponsor Stickboy. Your bike is the only one I completed a race on this past weekend! LOL!