1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meatball

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by rwood64083, Jul 23, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

[​IMG]

:crackup:

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

A tiny jump. :up:

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Hell, it looks better in the vid than I remember...wish you could see the flagger- but I assure every one that wasn't there that Caleb was the only one that DIDN'T jump. I was rollin' before the 1 board went sideways!

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Nice wheelie there too Tristan!

The officials said they just didn't catch everyone that jumped... (great video Randy!)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. Tristan

The wheelie off the stop+go was better

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Where the hell were the rest of the teams?

7. rwood64083

I don't know Brian. It was a WERA only round. Not a USNE round which would have brought in some CMRA teams that we've been competing with. I'm still very surprised more WERA teams didn't show. Kurt wanted to field a team but I think he had problems getting riders. I can't speak for the other three teams but we had more fun than anticipated. Had an internal battle going on between Ben and myself.

There was a team owners meeting before the race and it was proposed we run it as a two hour race since there were minimal teams. Didn't matter to me since we were the only LW team. During the meeting one of the AOD guys pushed for the full four hour race, which is what ended up happening. He said there were only three teams that really mattered followed by telling me "no offense". Didn't bother me, we were there to run the bike no matter how long the race was going to be. I assume he meant the two HW teams and the MW team competing for overall podium. Turns out we took 3rd overall :crackup:

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Offending people seems to be a hobby for that guy.

9. rwood64083

He really didn't offend me. I found it kinda comical. Especially since we held second place for awhile.

10. Tristan

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Tristan is right, but as the Buckeye Racing "owner" I was for going the full four hours anyway. To me 4 hours is barely an endurance, and two is just a long sprint race!

12. rwood64083

I like the longer races. Personally I'd like to see marathon-endurance. One rider, four hours. I'd be all over that!

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

They're gonna kill me, but check out this gem from the WERA Endurance @ Grattan several years back:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/?p=542

It's a pit-stop "start" technically. Three things to note:

1. Aaron's (the guy pushing the bike) super-human strength.
    2. Andy (George)'s save.
    3. My reaction afterwards.

Knowing these guys, it still makes me laugh every time.

14. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

15. rwood64083

Nice website :up:

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Ha, thanks. It's going on 7 years old now. The web guy should really do some updating.

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Hahaha They were ready for me this year, I thought I was going to endo into Sublets lap trying to get slowed down. I am two for two at mid ohio meatballs.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014