1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me, you, and the AFF

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Nov 9, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

AFF.jpg I lost a bet to 600 double are on who would outpoint whom on the Yamaha GP factory team, and owed the Roadracing World Action Fund $50. I also have another $50 bet pending, that I think I might lose, so I went and ponied for that too. I like bets to show confirmation, even though I hope folks wouldn't weasel out of a bet that isn' t really a loss so much as a good act.
    Please consider making a donation before the year is out. It's a really good cause.
    --dave

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And this is here becauseā€¦? :confused:

3. dsapsis

becuase i am a doofus, and am trying to move it. im having trouble with that too. :oops:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK. Well, in case you're wondering, it wasn't you who moved it. :D

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sweet. :beer:

6. dsapsis

Thanks Papa.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Crap. You asked me a few days ago to find the original thread and I completely forgot about it, sorry.

:beer:

I'm still very curious as to what went wrong in the Yamaha garage this year. To go from dominating testing (we talkin' 'bout practice), to 3 wins in five races it looked like it was a forgone conclusion Mav was going to take it.

8. dsapsis

Here's the funny thing. I don't think there was a thread confirming the bet -- we did that in PM. There indeed was a thread talking about who would do well, and that's where we generated the idea for the our bet. I was good taking either Mav or Vale as at the time I thought it was about equally likely. Like you point out< Mav was amazing out of the gate; not finishing too strong though.

Not finding it I think is good though as it offered an opportunity top make a post like this...
    Back to the fund -- Donate if you can folks!

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I think the terms of our bet included posting a picture of some sort of toast. I'll need some direction. I'm still hoping that Lorenzo somehow gets stripped of his points before it's all said and done.

10. dsapsis

OK, that made me laugh.

I'll work on the toast picture over the weekend as well as instructions for you (presuming Jorge doesn't piss off Ezpeleta too much with all his frowning and get docked 40 points).

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Didn't Mich change the tire construction about the time that Mav tanked?

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Wasn't there this guy one time that bragged about his bank account and banging six chicks who never made good on an AFF bet?

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I cannot remember. If they did, it seems strange that Yamaha hasn't been able to adapt.

14. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I was just going to post "Has anyone heard from Gapman lately?" :D He was the douchenozzle you are thinking about.

Props to dsapsis for being a stand up guy and honoring his bets. :beer:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He made a brief appearance last week or so.

16. dsapsis

Listing thousands of dollars of stuff he had just gotten for himself. He's not looking too good on the charity meter, but then again, that isn't surprising.

badmoon692008 and Mot Okstef like this.