1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can't say who's the greatest but the 90's was stacked.

De La Hoya
    Felix Trinidad- (Def my favorite all time after Sugar Ray Leonard.)
    Hector Comacho
    Hopkins
    Chavez
    Lennox Lewis
    Holyfield
    Tyson
    The Kalitchko (sp) brothers
    Ricardo Mayorga
    Vargas

There was always good boxing on tv. And I left out quite a few.

2. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, how Paulie didn't see this coming is crazy. You talked shit and then got hired to be sparring partner?

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Felix is up there on my list. I like Rigondeaux a bit more and has little to do with inversion of the colors.

I hope the fight with Lomachenko materializes. If Rigo is victorious, it would cement my opinion above.

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Not having Jones on that list is really odd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Robby-Bobby and Gorilla George like this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Rigo is too small. I heard he's willing to fight Lomachenko at 130, but that's a bad call. He's incredible, but Lomachenko is eyeing a move up and cuts to get to 130. Good chance Rigo gets his head knocked off in that fight.

6. I forgot to add to this prediction: after the fight they will both make tons of excuses as to why they didn't knock the other one out, talk more shit, and demand a rematch so they can rack up another $300mil.

crashman and Robby-Bobby like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Steel toe doesn't like Jones because Jones is black.

Knotcher likes this.
  8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good chance but Rigo cannot find anyone to fight.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He's in a tough spot for sure. Kind of like Mighty Mouse in MMA. Maybe the best in the game, but he's such a tiny dude that his competition options are limited. All either of them can do is keep destroying everyone in front of them, and they have.

Hawk518 likes this.
  10. Or they could lift some weights, drink some protein shakes, and put on a few lbs so they can fight bigger dudes.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You're not wrong, but DJ is 5'3" and already jacked. That makes it tough.

When he goes to bantamweight he's at a big disadvantage. You could see it in his fight with Dominic Cruz, he was able to put on the weight to get to 135, but didn't look like it helped him.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One thing that the all-time greats have in common is that they all fought other all-time greats. Who did those two fight? I haven't paid much attention to heavyweight boxing since the 90s.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I just thought of something. Wasn't there a fairly serious discussion at one point of a Rhonda Rousey/Floyd Mayweather fight? :crackup:

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Seriously? She has ZERO boxing skills! Who would even think that was SLIGHTLY possible for her to give him ANY trouble at all?

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think the actual thread was titled "Is it time for Rossey to fight a man?" or something like that.

16. I seem to remember that topic, but don't remember anyone actually being serious about it. If so, they are stupid.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

There were seriously dudes here that thought she should fight a man....

lol Im not digging it up, but there are guilty parties involved!

19. Ridiculous.

And why would he do it?

If he wins, he beat a girl.
    If he loses, he lost to a girl.

Either way he loses and would gain 0 credibility or respect.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That thread was hilarious. I stayed away for the same reason I should have stayed away from the SEAL thread. Ronda was an animal back in the day, but the suggestions that she should fight even an amateur male were preposterous.

I rolled with a female black belt at my BJJ gym, and I was terrified. I really couldn't say no, because that would be a bigger bitch move, but I was sure I'd get embarrassed. BJJ is all technique, so I figured she would tie me in knots. Fortunately for me, the physical differences between men and women are pretty difficult to overcome.

She was impressive though. It's hard to go full speed rolling with a chick, but she definitely made me work.