1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I picked up the last ‘91 ZX-7 J with the racing bits, the ‘66 CA 77 and the PM wheels. I stole the Kawi and the wheels.

I wanted to grab a two stroke but man they were bringing some decent money on the ones I wanted. With and without titles.

I think the Pierobon was a decent price if it was legit. The one NCR Ducati wasn’t very NCR. It only fetched $7k so the word must have got out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  2. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

The rs125's, rg500, and rz500 went at good prices. I wanted the gsxr565 from the RRW article but wasn't sure which gsxr to bid on so I didn't bother.

3. spcassell

I’m was told that GSXR 565 has a 750 motor residing inside its frame. Original motor may have went boom.

4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

They did some great marketing to the right people I'll tell you that much. I see more oversold than undersold by a long shot. Most of us need adult supervision at these kind of events..

BigBird likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The heart wants what it wants.

SpeedyE, pscook and BigBird like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought those gamma prices were pretty good too.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Other than the YSR50 and GSXR50, I honestly didn't think any of the 2T prices were too high. The Gamma and RZ500s seemed maybe even soft.
    Disclaimer: Didn't see the bikes and the one RZ500 was resto modded with upside down forks.

8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Who are these people with that much money to burn, and can someone let them know I still have a nice VFR SF for sale.

Primary lot was the VF1000R, but went for way too much. I've seen nicer ones sell for much less.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

675R was pretty cheap. R6 was a good deal.

No one got rich off this collection. I'm sure they cost more than the final total. Stop being Negative Nancy. In reality, we should want them to go for more because it adds value to everything, like those stupid car auctions.

Sent from my smatrfone

Gino230 likes this.
  10. You got the Kawi because I was out of phone signal range :)

11. oversold is very relative. That’s what you feel is the value. I “overpaid” for a bike in that auction but the price I paid was a fair value to me. Not a great deal but what I considered a fair price for what I wanted. If I spend an extra $1500 on something I want who cares. That’s less than going away for a quick weekend trip. I was willing to pay more because it was what I wanted, and more important in the condition I wanted. Not like buying a house that’s $100k more than market value. Spending a bit extra to get what you want is worth it to me. I did bow out of one bike because it went higher than I was willing to pay, more so because I wasn’t super interested in it but just kind of wanted it. Overall I just think the auction had too many bikes at one time. They did a decent job marketing it but they could’ve broken some up and sold them at other auctions and most likely fetched more money.

motoracer1100, SpeedyE, 50Joe and 2 others like this.
  12. I’d be willing to bet the auction didn’t bring 1/3 of cost to build the collection.

TurboBlew and spcassell like this.
  13. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I bid on but did not get the early GT750 racer. Looking at the pictures it has some great parts but it seemed like it might have a modified stock frame so I did not bid up. I kind of wish I had. Even having most of a period bike like this is special.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

15. spcassell

Well then I owe you a bottle of something good. That finishes my race bike with enough spares for how I think I’ll be riding it.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I built that 675R for him and someone got a deal because he had that much in the motor.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yes it is a 750 and I have a stack of second place plaques that should have included in the purchase of that bike lol

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lol... creative accounting. Used to crack me up when non riders would buy harleys as "investments" ... Id just shake my head. I had a friend who was religious about keeping his bike completely stock as the day he took delivery. It was maddening... especially when his stock tires were no longer available.

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I just got a lo-mi barnfind ltd a couple weeks ago...

[​IMG]

20. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

People went pretty nuts there. My boss had me buy that 1927 Harley- I thought he was nuts. Got my brother a pretty nice RS125 and a dirt bike. My buddy got some gsxr racebike- what does the 565 look like? Worst thing about the day? Hit a deer on the way home and screwed up my truck.