1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

auctioneers have to be licensed in FL... thats some shade to cast.

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It made me a bid nervous giving them my CC, because that's certainly not how I'd like to pay. How's that work if you win?

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Can't say for sure on this auction but in the past you would reach out to the auctioneer upon winning to arrange payment. I've never had them just charge my card automatically.

4. No they don’t but most will put a “hold” on it for max bid funds but won’t charge it until after x days if other payment not received. If i win a couple in this auction I’ll be wiring the money to them.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Jerry Wood would allow that practice.

6. I was thinking the same. He’s a pretty stabs you guy and corners low.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Jerry IS probably the exception, but the amount of BS I see at auctions in florida is crazy.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

FWIW, if you are able to bid online, a good auctioneer will give enough time to do so once they know you are actively bidding on an item.

I'd never put out my max bid unless absolutely necessary.

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Although I have seen the owners of certain lots at auctions have the friends bump up bids.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

watching it live now......seems like some high prices, IMO

Almost bought the '13 Monster 1100

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    awalk9905, spoon32 and Wingnut like this.
  11. ClemsonsR6

a lot of onsite winning bids too.

12. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

that NC30 is up to 11 and change …. am I missing something? They Must be thinking its an RC30 :crackup::crackup:

ClemsonsR6 and pscook like this.
  13. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I agree. Some dumbass online spent $8k on a ‘91 ZX-7 with a black painted frame. It’s a J model not an K model as indicated. Insane. It’s maybe a $5k bike. Add in buyer fee they paid $9,500 for a J bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

That NC30 was easily $5000 over market value

15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Lots of removed bids. I wonder how that works.
    Do they allow people to bid them up then remove the bid?

16. knedragon29

Probably more like 7 or 8 with the added fees. Lots of love for Charlie. Some bikes going for crazy money. I seen the NC30 up to 5500 a few days ago and was like I'm out :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. ClemsonsR6

The Marlboro TZ was a good value I though. I was thinking 10 grand after fees.

18. ClemsonsR6

A bunch of BS if you ask me.

19. knedragon29

The only trouble with the 2 strokes is there are probably boxes of parts for them sitting there but they wont go with the bikes.

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I had my eye on a few that I thought might go cheap, because of the unknown factor. But they didn't!

I'm glad to see these bikes getting good prices. Charlie put his heart and his wallet into every one of them.

With so many race only bikes being bought, I sure hope they will show up at a race track soon! At these prices they aren't going to be parted out.....

jksoft, SpeedyE and MELK-MAN like this.