1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Oh I like the sound of that build...zx9 was always one of my favorite bikes

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Gino, who told you the TZ750 was Kenny's Championship bike? Charlie???

I once heard him tell a guy he had Troy Bayliss's bike. The guy was all impressed and asked if he could maybe see it some day. When the guy walked away I looked at him like, "yeahhhh right". He smiled and said, "WHAT?! I've got a really nice Bayliss replica" then started laughing hysterically.

I'm surprised that almost none of the bikes have mileage listed, or if they even run. Maybe they'll get mileage up today, but I doubt it.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Stop the pre-bidding! It's just what they'll start the live auction at when it gets going tomorrow.

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The auction mentions lots of parts and tools. Anyone know if those will be online at some point or just in person?

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

May have found my answer on their Facebook page:
    "Mavros Estate Sale, parts lots, onsite only."

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Posted a separate thread but Speedwerks will be at the auction and can help with East coast transport

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Don't be an enabler.
    /s

8. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

On their site they say tools and parts are only available in person. Here is a Youtube video of what all of that looks like:

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

No, they'll start the on site auction at whatever the onsite bidder first calls out. Then there will be a person from Proxibid standing there with his laptop on the live feed saying "HAVE!" Ive been to a few of these auctions

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So does that mean you put your max price or..?

11. Wingnut

So If your max price is 10,000 on a particular bike using proxibid and No other onsite person bids over $5k and no other Proxi bidders are over that then you'll get it for $5100. give or take a few bucks.

BigBird and Skter505 like this.
  12. Wingnut

So I'm planning on bidding on a few of the racebikes but let me just say this first. I didn't know Charlie but I can still mourn the passing of a fellow man and racer. The best way to honor those that have passed away is to continue to live our lives to the fullest each and every day. So I hope that whoever buys his stuff races it as I know I will too.

Godspeed Charlie.

713, j cal, SuddenBraking and 6 others like this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't remember, I think it was Melka. Not Charlie. There's not more details on the individual builds because the family and MotoCorse are not getting along.

Actually, I think he DID have some RS bikes, they are not listed. The 888 was WSB, I forgot who's that was- that was in the trailer in the accident. Also had another WSB 996 that is still at MotoCorse. There's a former Pegram 1098RS that is also not listed, it was but got removed at some point.

14. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

I've got some nice video of those races. I was on the YZF750 pitted across from you (the slower of the YZFs, so not Mike B!). I had a nice back and forth with Charlie for a bit on Saturday's race. I remember passing him in the Carousel and then my bike was in the powerband at 10k rpm and I'm thinking, "he won't get past me now." And then he would squirt that orange Ducati right past me before 7! It did seem to be pretty quick. Are you sure it was a cheater? The rules are pretty open as long as you don't overbore, iirc.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Any of you who will be at the auction - could you catalog what the different bikes sell for?
    I'm not sure that it will be listed on the site afterwards.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the parts lots seem cobbled. The video gal keeps confessing she doesnt know what all the stuff is...
    hope someone does. Must be 20 engines. Saw 2 sets of pm chicanes in the back wall Plus a couple of tire trees with wheels on them

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

wasn't me. I saw a lot of his bikes living 10 minutes from his place, but honestly didn't know the details on any of em. We usually raced different classes and he simply had so friggin many bikes.. LOL

Gino230 likes this.
  18. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what sort of RV he was driving when the accident occurred? Class A? Class C? I believe I read that a front tire let go causing the crash.

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

very similar to the one Sean and Evelyn have... truck cab up front, large motor home in back, and he was pulling a trailer.

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. That's how it's supposed to work , but it never does. These auctions, the auctioneer or his help will have a bidders card or proxibid account.