1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

I didn't know MotoGP bikes ran reflectors on the front fender... :Poke::D

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Thought they were in Jersey. I thought he also had some retail properties around Tampa. He always kept that information close to his chest.

3. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Was it the Bing? :D

4. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

There's a lot of stuff in that video that would be tempting. It'll be interesting to see how detailed the descriptions get by the time the auction happens.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Jerry moved on from LRRS a little over ten years ago. When SMI went through the books after buying NHIS, they discovered that they owned LRRS (The Don sold his half to Bob Bahre around 2000-2001). The next Operations Manager they hired after booting Bette French was also made the Executive Director of LRRS. He made it clear that he was running the show.
    The last time Jerry went to race was at the USCRA's Labor Day event in 2015. He showed up with George Vincensi to race his TZ250 and George's Ducati single. He was in a collision during practice and went to the hospital for a few days. His bell really got rung and he never raced again. He'll go out on track with Penguin on occasion, but that's it. He knows his bikes.
    Jeff Wood has recently become more involved with the company. He was making good money collecting contingency bucks with ASRA while everyone else pissed their money away to be in "The Show" (AMA). When the money dried up, Jeff stopped racing. (2011 the last time I saw him race, AHRMA at Barber) He gave up the Penguin bike rental and maintenance program and that was it. He's pretty savvy at buying and selling, so he's a good fit into Jerry's company.
    Charlie was up north for a while, so he raced with LRRS. I was always chewing him out for speeding in the paddock, so when he moved south, I busted Henry DeGouw's chops, saying Charlie was his problem now.

Dragginass, Yzasserina and joec like this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

That's a great story. Once the uscra stopped having those shared weekends with lrrs I never saw any of them again really. I just knew Jerry was doing the auction thing. And that he had a pretty good handle on anything roadrace with 2 wheels. I remember a riders meeting when the whole synthetic oil thing was happening and Jerry was telling everyone to not use it because of the mess it makes when it leaks and some guy was like "my Ducati only takes synthetic" at the time Jerry was riding like a 749 or something and I remember him saying something to the effect of he didn't recall reading that in the owners manual and the guy was full of crap. Lol. Eric of course really was super fast. They were 2 of my penguin school instructors.

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

So much I want, nothing I need...but...I may have to take the day off when the date is announced and head over since I'm only an hour from Tampa...I may or may not bring my checkbook....LOL!!!

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Just went through about 1/3 of the auction....some good deals in there.

12. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about all the fees they add on. 10% buyers fee, 6% sales tax, plus a county tax. JWood terms say 3% for bidding online but Proxibid says 13% for internet premium. Not sure if one is correct or both are applied.

13. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Someone needs to explain the fee structure to me. It states that online bidders will be charged a 13% premium on top of the hammer price. But then it also says that a 10% buyers premium will be applied (on top of the hammer price) for all online AND on-sight purchases. Does that mean that an online bidder is on the hook for the hammer price AND 13% online AND 10% premiums?

Also states that the buyer will pay 8.5% sales tax on the hammer price and then goes on to say that Florida has a 6% sales tax.

Plus they are charging the winner 3% of the total charge for paying with a Credit Card.

It would appear to me that Wood Auctions stands to make more $$ on each sold lot than the Mavros Estate.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It is the 10% buyer premium + the 3% online fee = 13% + taxes. Additional 3% if using a credit card

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Gentlemen I would think what you are seeing online is a mute point until the actual auction starts, and I would expect large price increases at that point. Me wants that TZ250 Marlboro replica bad!

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The auctions have started. That Marlboro TZ has my eye also

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nope, that is how auctions work.

The 3% for proxibid goes to Proxibid. The CC fees are normal. You think running a card as a vendor is free? Very few auctions will even take a CC

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Pre bidding has started. The live auction will start with whatever the Pre-bid is.

TurboBlew and awalk9905 like this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Charlie was an unusual cat... but 4 gyros??? lol

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Seems like normal fees to me.