1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattis forced out

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 20, 2018.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that’s going to haunt the Republican Party for a long time to come.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I gotta ask, was this outrage/concern up front and present when Barry fired him? I'd bet it barely made a blip with the MSM let alone in here.

Personally, I'm sad to see him go too, but I'm torn on it cuz a part of me also thinks we need to take a break from this non stop military actions overseas when we have a deficit that continues to grow as other countries NOT spending money for the worldwide policing we provide continue to reap our rewards and safety as they continue to get wealthier. That shit needs to stop or slowdown.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly, so be it. Trump made it pretty clear when campaigning what his intentions were. If Mattis can’t handle it, so be it. Part of the swamp.
    I guess his mantra of when the going gets tough, the tough get going wasn’t really true with him. So thanks for your service.

XFBO likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The people who hated Mattis last week now believe the world is ending due to his departure.

stk0308 and MachineR1 like this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Time to do the right things and the necessary things rather than the politically expedient thing.
    Time to stop sending our kids to die for people who still kill over nonsense.

G 97 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

IKR, the never ending Democratic talking heads today. LOL.

7. SnacktimeKC

What were his intentions regarding ISIS? I must have missed where he was going to pull out of the Middle East.
    I believe he blamed Obama for creating ISIS because he pulled out of Iraq early. And now he’s doing the same thing?

8. SnacktimeKC

Laughing, y’alls blind loyalty is admirable I guess.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

He made it very clear about not being involved in other countries conflicts militarily wise and not continuing to be the world police etc while expecting our allies to also helping more etc.

I don’t know about the rest, as it’s yet to be determined. Who knows. I’m just sick of Americans dying for other countries. Enough is enough.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

far from blind. I'm extremely critical but also realize the greater picture.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Russians are there, and the Syrians want them there.
    Let them send their children to die in the desert for goatherds and poppy farmers.
    If the American people truly want our troops in Syria then let them get their
    congresscritters and Senators to put their names down as voting yes for war.

ryoung57 likes this.
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I have been sick of this never ending Conflict War BS, since the mid 60's , when I was a kid at Clark AFB and saw the guys coming off MedEvacs all fucked up...For What?? Because Political BS.
    I am sure it is Blind Loyalty to FuckingTrump..right?

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!
    Cmooonnn you meant that to be funny.....yes???

Cuz I'm pretty sure THAT remark coming from one of the forums staunchest Liberals is pretty damn funny. :crackup:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Exactly. Syria has been a Russian puppet state forever. Let them deal with that shit.

As for responsibility, Bush and Obama are responsible for that entire middle eastern disaster. Those people infight so much and are are so violent that they need a dictator or monarchy to keep them all inline. We removed Saddam, Qhadaffi, and promoted other uprising and created this massive power vacuum that caused all these conflicts.

15. SnacktimeKC

God damn you guys are hilarious now that you have become a bunch of anti-war snowflakes!
    Never mind the real estate we already paid for with American blood, and we might have to go back and do it again at a far greater cost than if we had just stayed there. But yeah let’s trust a reality TV show host to make that call.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    R1Racer99 likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And you and your ilk have taken the mantle of war mongers. Cool. See what happens when you chose a candidate as bad as Hillbaby?

17. SnacktimeKC

Where have I ever said i wanted Hillary? At least when Donald “I’ll own the shut down” Trump picked Mattis (presumably knowing his thoughts on military and the Middle East) I was good with with that, the best man in his field.

For all the fervent Trump supporters. What will he have to to do to lose your support? Seriously, what will it take?

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I've asked that question many times and have yet to see an answer. The fact that nothing has changed their mind so far to me means nothing ever will, they are on team Trump and nothing will change that. I don't think calling it a cult is an exaggeration.

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Yup, just keep repeating the newest catchphrase, that'll show us.