1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin M4 crash?

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLA1, May 31, 2011.

1. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

kinda looked like he had trouble getting his hand out from the lever guard?

thats wut it looked like to me anyway :Poke:

maybe JU can post up some details, with all the talk about the lever guards, i am really interested if they hindered him removing his hand an did the guard protect his hand?

jus sayin.....:D

2. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

My guess is he was trying to hold on to the bike. That's what them there pros do often so they can remount quickly.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I was slightly amused at the fact he was sitting partially on top of the bike as it skipped through the mud. Glad he is ok. I would have hated to have been in his shoes getting the water hose after that. It looked friggin cold.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Dick, put in the spoiler section. havent watched the races yet

5. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

then stop looking at racing websites.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

looked like he was just hangin on like some do in a lowside like that vs. letting the bike flip when it hits the dirt/mud. Some riders get away asap, some ride it out to minimise bike damage but it is a bit risky.. stuck hand? i don't think so but maybe we can get confirmation.

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

When they stood the bike back up and he headed back to the pits, looked like there wasn't a lever protector...could be wrong, but, that's what it looked like

8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It fell off, you could see it lying on the ground in the video.

9. gixxersmitty

He was stuck to the bike because he wanted to be. It wasnt dragging him along unwillingly. It looked like he had every intention of going right back at it until he realized how much mud the bike had accumulated.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Corser did the same thing. Martin is tough, thats a really bad place to crash.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Holding on to the clutch to keep it from stalling and having to restart it? Seen more than a few recently who did this.

12. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Before & After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gixxersmitty

I saw Xaus doing this a couple of years ago. Lowsided and held on to the bike one handed while sliding at arms length behind it. Picked it up and kept going. It was impressive.

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

it is very common in 125 racing since you cant always be assured of a push start.

15. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

it just came to my mind when i watched the crash :D

all the other reasons ran thru my head also:up:

thanx for the picks:beer:

16. gixxersmitty

The impressive thing is the rider keeps his head about him enough to do it. Every crash I've had rattled me to the point I couldnt hold on to anything.

17. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya... :Poke:

18. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

That takes alot of practice.

19. gixxersmitty

I figured that was a given with crashing. It must just be me. :D

20. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I always have to check myself too to make sure I didn't shat myself...

You are not alone :D