1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martha Stewart

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Richard Lesher, Mar 5, 2004.

1. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Uhhh how many of us have gone over 100mph on public roads? Reckless endangerment is a crime not a traffic violation. Does that make us all criminals?
    :rolleyes: back at you. :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hint

crim·i·nal [ krímmin’l ]

noun (plural crim·i·nals)

somebody acting illegally: somebody who has committed a crime

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Papa, if you continuously resort to facts and true definitions on this forum, I will have no other choice but to report you to the authorities when the cackling ceases.:D

4. tcasby

tcasby Banned

How does her crime compare to reckless endangerment. Should the next person on this board caught doing a buck forty get life?

5. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

The fact that you pose the question defines your intelligence.

If your a police officer and are caught in such a violation I believe you should receive the maximum possible penalty. If you ride at the prescribed 100mph on a public highway and cause a fatal accident then you should be charged with manslaughter. There are plenty of track days and races that legally provide the venue and conditions to enjoy your vehicle at 100+ MPH.

6. Yamaha Fan

If you have paid for education at any point in your life please apply for a refund..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  7. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Let me 'splain sumptin to you.
    People have different opinions on many issues. We come to these boards to debate these issues for fun and entertainment.

You disagree with me, great. Keep your personal options about my intelligence and education to your self please.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

'I humbly apologize. I keep forgetting facts are not allowed here.:D

9. Yamaha Fan

You did not post an opinion, you asked a question...

Like Martha you get what you deserve, pose the types of questions you pose and expect some pointed ribbing.... :( the only surprising thing to me is that you do not end your questions or statements with “dude”

I will gladly refrain from poking fun at your questions when you pose one on a subject/point worth debating...

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Try looking at it this way. Every share of stock that she sold was purchased by someone. If the people who made the purchases were unaware of the insider information that she knew then they certainly were hurt by her.

11. tcasby

tcasby Banned

And you sir, being unable to compose a coherent response, resort to insults. But I will give you a second chance.

Is the crime of reckless endangerment, which many of us are guilty of, worse the one MS was convicted of, and dies that make us all criminal?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am always amazed how quickly people forget there are two sides to a transaction.

13. Yamaha Fan

You accuse me of failing to be coherent?

Try and read your own statements and questions… again you get what you deserve.

One becomes a criminal when he/she is caught and convicted. To operate a vehicle in a reckless manner is to engage in possible criminal behavior. Having done so, getting caught and convicted then completes the transformation to a convicted criminal.

There is discretion involved when it comes to punishment. If you are a traffic court Judge that has presided over hearings and trials of people that have been charged with speeding and you are caught going 100MPH on a public highway, then your punishment should be greater than someone caught on a first offense basis. If you’re a traffic court Judge or an officer of the law caught going 100MPH in a residential area at 3:30 p.m. as a school bus unloads then you should receive the MAXIMUM possible sentence…

14. Yamaha Fan

You are polite to say that they forget, the sad truth is they never conceive it that way from the beginning....

15. tcasby

tcasby Banned

As you seem to have a serious problem with reading comprehension, I will ask the question a third time, very s l o w l y and carefully.

Part 1. Is the crime of reckless endangerment, irregardless of consequences, committed intentionally, a more serious crime than those Martha was convicted of? There are only two possible answers. Yes, or no.

Part 2. Should the people on this board who intentionally committed the crime of reckless endangerment, irregardless of whether or not they were caught or convicted, irregardless of the circumstances and conditions involved, be considered criminals? Again, there are only 2 possible responses. Yes, or no.

To simplify further, assume that the crime was committed on a completely empty interstate, occurred without incident, and that the perpetrator was not caught.

Feel free, after answering yes or no to the above question, to explain your reasoning.

16. Yamaha Fan

If a tree falls in the forrest and no one is there does it make a sound?

17. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Yes.

See how easy that was?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Did he say irregardless?:D

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Not felons and not convicted criminals but criminals none the less. I can still on a pistol... she can't. :D