1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez to Race Portimao.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Le' Papa is right. Pramac has GP21s (which are pretty much GP20s).

No idea on what they are called right now.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

GP21

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

motion likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So they both beat Rossi on 500 2strokes, I think nope. So they both beat him on 990 4 stroke bikes I think nope. So they both beat him on 800 4 strokes, well maybe one of them did? So did one or both beat him on a current 1000 4 stroke bike, yep that could be true. And if they did beat him during this period was everybody on the same tire brand?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    dobr24 and Quicktoy like this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Avintia are using the -19 bikes

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

No, I’m as much an MD as Rossi.

Your appeal to authority is meaningless. We all have common sense, it’s not a crime to use it. Dude’s arm could’ve easily been amputated if it’d been a little worse. His shoulder is starting to pop out every season and he’s had a ton of surgeries for it. I don’t need to be a doctor to see that Marc’s OEM parts are getting rapidly worn out. Couple more good hits to that part of his body and Superman will have found his kryptonite.

It also didn’t take an MD to see that coming back from that injury like he did was going to bite him in the ass hard, yet his expert doctors and team still let him ride. Credentials don’t make you a little tin god, no matter what the media says.

scottn and motoracer1100 like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Because neither Stoner nor Melandri raced 500 2stroke bikes. Your better than that.
    Marco's race wins came in 2005 and 2006. MotoGP went to 990 4 strokes in 2002. Capacity was changed to 800 in 2007. So, yes. Marco beat Rossi on a 990 4 stroke.
    That'd be Stoner.
    It is. 1000cc capacity change was in 2012. Stoner won 5 races that year. On the Honda.
    2009 is when Bridgestone became the lone tire in MotoGP. Replaced by Michelin in 2016.

This is the danger of having time on your hands, and free internet :) Full disclosure, I didn't remember all these dates off the top of my head. The Google brain had to provide some reminders.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And as they say.

Mic Drop.

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Its a great time to watch GP when nearly all the teams have actually won enough that "Repsol good" is a topic for debate. Hell, last year only LCR and Ape didn't put a bike on the box. We are spoiled.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

At today's press meeting...
    Zarco, current points leader and arguably one of the most sophisticated, intelligent and articulate guys on the grid was asked how he felt about the news of Marquez' return. He responded by saying, "Oh, fuuuu..."
    :D

12. Quicktoy

Even more spoiled this year. The last lap it was like most of the field was on the straightaway together.

stangmx13 likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Just watched his interview today. Marc is nervous. You can hear it in his voice as he talks about his butterflys. But they’re calling for a wet race weekend so I’m betting podium. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I didn't process him as nervous, more uncertain. Uncharted territory for him. Won't be for long...

15. Quicktoy

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

I noticed that too with his English. I find when I’m very nervous or under sever stress I can’t think well. And when I can’t think well, it comes out in my speech. That was another thing that lead me to believe he is very nervous.

18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I see the forecast for Portimao as 60% chance of a small amount of rain Friday, then none for Sat/Sun and ideal racings temps of 21C or 70F.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  19. Quicktoy

I’m going off what Marc said in the video. I didn’t look at the weather. Thanks for the update.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh, I thought we were talking about Marquez and Stoner? Anyway Rossi raced at the front in all of these 4 different motor configurations, but who else did?