1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez 2nd arm surgery

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 3, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Info on rrw

2. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Sounds like too much, too soon.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess benching double his weight might not have been such a good idea?

Dude, needs to be banned from the track for awhile for his own health.

Wingnut, Newyork and Quicktoy like this.
  4. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Plates for bone fractures of the humerus aren't meant to be load bearing but rather load sharing until the fracture has properly healed (up to 6 months).

He was asking for it

prm, Phl218 and noles19 like this.
  5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Mine was 2 surgeries also. PT broke my arm 9 weeks post op #1. 6 months before bone healed.

Here's my xray where the elbow was rebuilt on the humerus side. Yes, you can see major spaces of no bone that had to regrow in the middle. Can't see very well in this pic the hardware in my lower arm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What the hell? A couple tire spoons, some drywall and deck screws? :crackup:

Not at all poking fun at the injury. Hardware sucks.

badmoon692008 and sdiver like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Getting old sucks

Even MM will have to acknowledge that

BigBird likes this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Is he like 40 or something now? :D

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

His shoulders are for sure.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

True story.

Especially with a hurried up/abbreviated season adding to the anxiety of it all. Dude needs to focus on himself for a minute before he puts himself on the permanent injuring list for the year.

11. StaccatoFan

Agreed. There will be a title for him to win in 2021 if he lets his body heal.

He has to have a Come to Jesus about this season.

Senna likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’m 40 and have only had a fraction of his fractures (pun)
    So there’s that...

SuddenBraking likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Time to just call this one quits and stay off the bike for awhile to heal up. Better to come back strong next year than rush things and injure himself even more with each weekend being a very slim chance of a championship win anyway. Two rounds down and he's at 0 points and will miss the next two rounds at least. With how strong the competition is, there's no chance of winning a 13-round season when you score zero in the first 4 rounds.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If Marquez is out then I think Quattro's got this one.....although, wouldn it be amazing if Vale stayed consistently towards the top and then capitalized on a Fabio mistake, takes the title and retires as champ.

Storybook ending and 2021 is full scale war between Fabio and Marquez. Yeah I know, far fetched.

Wingnut likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

I think Quattro has this one pretty much regardless if he does at this next round what he did at the 2 Jerez rounds.

He's dailed in on that Yamaha.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll retie regardless but I would put Rossi 3rd or 4th for the championship.
    Fabio is first, Miller second. Then you could argue Rossi as much as anyone. I don't have faith in mavrick at all.

redtailracing likes this.
  17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I’d love to share your sentiment but I think Fabio is gonna get destroyed at the bigger tracks, particularly Austria. Nothing against him but you can only do so much when you’re down that much horsepower. And I highly doubt Yamaha is gonna push to remedy that at the moment given their current reliability/engine allocation issues. I think he definitely has a shot. But I wouldn’t put money on it. That said, I don’t think there’s a rider a would put money on at this point.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. redtailracing

As little faith as I have in Dovi at the moment, I wouldn’t count him out either. I’m willing to bet he does well at Brno and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do the double in Austria. Considering I don’t see Fabio beating any factory or pramac ducs that finish in Austria, the championship could be wide open going into round 6.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think Miller has him covered, but I definitely wasn't counting dovi out all together either. I think there is still some crazy shit to come this year

20. redtailracing

For sure. I definitely rank the top 3 contenders as Fabio, Dovi, and Miller (if he can stay upright). Little asparagus as the dark horse. Maverick will be in the mix when he’s “on.” Rins and crutchlow will throw a wrench in some plans if and when they are completely healthy again.