1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini Cush Rubber Options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tractionless, Oct 12, 2010.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The Type 2 cushions are more popular than I thought! I'll be ready to start shipping within 2 weeks.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Unfortunately our trackday got off to a rainy start yesterday so I had to yank the Marchesini's and throw on my stock wheels with better rain rubber so I didn't get a chance to beat on them yet.

I will say this

1 - trying to squeeze the OEM one and Timm's one it definitely feels denser.
    2 - While fitting the rubbers in and puting in the cush drive it was just tight enough to fit snug but not so tight that I had to tap it in with a rubber mallet or anything.
    3 - once the cush drive was seated there was zero freeplay.

Next time at the track is May 7th.....so hopefully some useful feedback after then.

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy with the fit then. Hopefully it won't rain next time!

I'm signed up for a trackday this Saturday at Beaverun, so I'll be testing my Marvic cushions in my SV. I'm also doing the first track test of my 2.6 lb lightened ignition rotor with neodymium magnets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. zxTomR

zxTomR Member

I did'nt go to the nurburgring because nobody wanted to go with me...
    I did a trackday on a very small track in france instead 2nd gear is only gear I needed:D
    http://vimeo.com/22902932
    I do not notice any play yet after this day+ some street riding I will take my rear wheel out next weekend to check if the rubbers are stil as tight as new I hope they are'nt otherwise I will have to use my rubber hammer again to get the sprocket carier out :)

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Tom,

How was the fit of the steel bushings over the drive pins? I discovered that the inner diameter of the bushings was a bit inconsistent due to a slight burr left by the chamfer. I've since purchased a reamer that I use to get much more consistent sizing.
    If it's the urethane part that's slightly oversize it's a little tougher to change that but spraying the cushions with a little bit of silicone may aid a little with installation and removal.

Timm

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I did a trackday on my bike last Saturday with my cushions installed in a Marvic wheel. I'm happy to report no problems with my own cushions ;)

It's very interesting that the drive cushion design of the new Genesi line of Marchesini wheels has gone back to the round type of cushion with only five donuts instead of the usual six.

7. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

Alright guys,

I have used Timm's Marchesini (standard) cush rubbers for 4 track days now... And I have worn out my rear Pirelli SC2 rear tire... :(

Firebird Raceway Main 4/03
    Firebird Raceway East 4/16
    Inde Motorsport Ranch 4/30
    Inde Motorsport Ranch 5/01

Timm's cush rubbers are a little loser fitting than the original Marchesini cush rubbers... The once I got, would fall off the wheel... Now when mounting the sprocket carrier they snug up a little...

Timm's cush rubbers appear to be harder compound than the original Marchesini cush rubbers... Drive, (The trust forward) experience, does not feel harsh at all... Which means to me, that Timm's cush rubbers are doing their job...

I am happy to report that there is absolutely no free play on the sprocket carrier to wheel so far... I have removed the wheel and checked Timm's cush rubbers and they do not appear to have compress significantly if any... There is also no sign of deterioration at all... They look as good as the did on day one...

I can not wait to go back to Inde Motorsports Ranch on 5/21 and give them another good run!!!

Thanks Timm, I am extremely pleased... Regards, Luis T - [email protected]

PS: You should contact Marchesini and supply them with decent cush rubbers!!!

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report Luis. I've since made the cushions slightly wider than the set that I sent to you, so the idea is that they fit a little more snugly to begin with and then they stay that way.

.....and yes the thought has crossed my mind about supplying Marchesini ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

1 TD down and multiple trips to WOT on the 1000 and no freeplay noticeable :)

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Excellent!

Keep thrashing 'em guys!

Thanks,

Timm

11. cbreakin

cbreakin Well-Known Member

I've got Timm's type 3 cushions installed on my r6, great initial fit and zero play in the sprocket carrier! This bike is primarily a "canyon" bike, will report back after more miles but so far they are :up:!

12. JSR29

JSR29 Member

Hi:
    Any word on production and sale of the type 3's yet?
    I critically need a set or I've got to buy another Marchesini set.
    Thansk,
    Scott

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Production is starting this week. I'll be shipping parts by Friday.

Check out my ad in the WERA classifieds for ordering info.

Feedback has been very positive!

Thanks!

Timm

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Parts are in production and feedback has been 100% positive. I've also farmed out the manufacturing of the stainless steel bushings to a local machine shop. I'm very happy with their quality, much better than I could do on a manual lathe. Here's a pic of the Carrozzeria cushions in the hub:

[​IMG]

Big thanks to everyone giving input and testing out my parts!
    Timm

15. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

very happy with the marchesini type two. Great fit and six inches of driveline lash is gone. They fit perfectly.

16. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

how much for the stiffer ones for a set of Marchesini shipped to Orlando FL 32805 Thanks

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

18. zxTomR

zxTomR Member

The marchesini's are doing great with these rubber things will test them some more coming weeks:up:

19. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Glad to her they're working well Tom. Thanks for posting!

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to folks interested in my drive cushions. email to [email protected] is the most reliable way to contact me. My PM replys don't seem to be getting through all the time.

Thanks,

Timm

Timm Goldsmith
    TGR Drive Cushions
    211 Wimbledon Court
    West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 706-8625