1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini Cush Rubber Options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tractionless, Oct 12, 2010.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2 TD's at VIR
    3 TD's at NJMP
    1 sprint race

All good in the hood. The stock Marchesini's would have been showing signs of loosness by this point.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just agreed to start working on some cushions for the MD250 and RS125 guys now. That will mean I'll be making cushions for at least seven different applications now. :up:

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just got the first molded parts for The Moriwaki MD250H and Honda RS125!

Next to the HRC part:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be sending them out to my first customer tomorrow.

4. 021torch

021torch Well-Known Member

I will take 2 sets of these

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Excellent! I'm sending out the first set tonight. I'll be making the production parts in less than two weeks. I'll let you know when they are ready.

Timm

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

TZ125/250 cushions coming soon as well!

7. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

Just ordered a set of the Marchesini Type 3 thanks Jeff

8. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

Finally got out to run the latest version over the weekend. Even with a slacking chain issue slamming the sprocket carrier the Tgold cush's didn't budge! Did 5 sessions on them so far no issues, the 2 sets of Marchesini mayonaise rubbers gave up on the 1st 2 sessions when in use. BTW Timm said they are a blemish set as well, pretty amazing!

9. Tractionless

Anyone know where Timm is? I've sent him 2 emails which have gone unanswered and notice the thread is dead since Sept. Hoping for some good news as the non communication is very unlike him.

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for not responding sooner Keith... I've been in a holding pattern here at work for at least six weeks waiting for the machine time to pour more parts. It's a matter of not having enough machine operators and I'm a small fish compared to the rest of the companies that we supply, so I get the lowest priority. I'm bugging our production scheduler several times a week about it so I'll know as soon as possible.
    Because of this my development of the TZ and RS cushions has been put on hold as well.

I'll let you know as soon as I get production running again.

Timm

11. Tractionless

No problem Timm. I'm glad that's the "problem", I was starting to fear something happened to you while riding or otherwise. Glad to see you are good and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. :beer:

12. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

I remember this thread form a while back and now have a set of Marchesini wheels.
    I noticed during my last race that the rubber cush inserts had lots of slop in em.

So here I am :)
    I didn't read through all 10 pages but it sounds like Tractionless can make/source these... maybe?
    Can I take a pic of my cush inserts and post here? If you have what I need, I would def. order a set :)

Thoughts?

If I remember right, they look like these guys (type 2)
    [​IMG]

*edit*
    Sent Timm an email after reading a few more pages.

*edit**
    Found his classified
    http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/marchesini-marvic-carrozzeria-drive-cushion/

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  13. Indetrucks

Does anyone know if Timm still does this?
    Emailed and called w/ voicemail message.

Looking to confirm his Type 2 Cush inserts are in stock prior to sending payment.

14. Indetrucks

(update)
    Contacted and confirmed. Can't wait to get some new rubber!

15. hondadog

hondadog New Member

Is Timm still making these cush rubbers? I too need a set of the type 2 marchesini cushions.

16. Tractionless

Try emailing [email protected]

17. hondadog

hondadog New Member

I did a couple of days ago but no reply. Anybody have an extra set they wish to sell?:Poke:

18. Tractionless

I've been told by Timm that when he is busy with other work he puts emails for rubbers on the back burner until his load lightens up at the shop and he can get to them. I've received return emails from him weeks later stating he can start production back up on them and sends them out. The rubbers are a bottom priority and not his normal day to day work.

19. hondadog

hondadog New Member

Understood. So how can I get the ones he makes?

20. Tractionless

Only through him, so it's send the email and/or call leave a message and wait.