1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March for Science

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was all for it because I thought it was about actual science. Turns out it's just another stupid Earther movement.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You will never see a real one. Those doing real science don't have time for marches.

2Fer and jrsamples like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

[​IMG]

DrA5 likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

Despite advances made by the Nazi's those are not the people marching. In that case some were Jewish people under the threat of death. Even the monsters like Mengala were not marchers

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The rally is on C-Span. Check it out!
    Watched a few minutes while eating lunch. HO-LEE-COW what a bunch of idoits. It is truly a melting pot of hot button topics of today. The fireman's union guy talked about "saving the world" from something or another. Some professor woman from Texas talked about making the world a better place for her baby and his older brother beyond this "administration". Bill Nye talked about the constitution, building great cities, and getting public funding. The overriding theme is pro humanity, more humanity, and we are not getting what we want from government.

But they all willfully ignore the huge white elephant standing at the back of the stage. These "emotional scientists" cannot seems to grasp the basic concept that mankind is a converter of resources on this planet. The science before our eyes shows us that we are constantly converting this world from one state into another state. Nothing is added or subtracted, it is just converted into something we may or may not like, or converted into something that may kill us or help us. If we really wanted to "save the earth from mankind", that is, keep it the same, then we just need to get rid of us. I guess that the only way that what mankind is doing here is NOT a natural function of the earth is if we were put on this planet by aliens. IF we occur here naturally or are indeed placed here by God, then what we do is all a natural evolution of the process of the earth.

So put on your pussy hat and join the feminists feel good march today. It may make you feelz good.

6. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It has always seemed strange to hear any scientist that is seriously pursuing a career in science make a claim that man made global warming is "settled science." In fact, from what I've read, most scientists make the claim that man doesn't know enough to make that decision one way or the other.

8. sheepofblue

$$$$$$ or sloth. Pumping out global warming 'research' is easy. You can even alter your data if you need to.

9. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

I'm a trained scientist who has done "real science" and made time. As did my brother and several of my colleagues. It is disturbing to have conversations with people who disregard the scientific method or perhaps worse, have no idea what it is or why it's important. I just don't understand why so many people seem to think their own (uniformed) opinion has more value than facts. What happened to people having the humility to acknowledge they don't know everything?

cpettit and SnacktimeKC like this.
  10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Well what do you expect when people like Michael Mann were caught red handed manipulating data to fit their agenda...remember his tree ring papers, adjusting temps in earlier 20th century lower, and hockey stick graph? When Bill Nye is regarded as a scientist. When Al Gore makes a ridiculous scare tactic movie that wins a Nobel Prize. When the top climate scientists e-mails were released that showed them lying and colluding with each other to hide the truth about their failing data. How about the fact that every one of the top climate scientists that started the AGW theory have come out and said they were wrong, and several have admitted they flat out lied about their research to push an agenda. How about the fact that every single AGW prediction has not happened...not one.

If you are a scientist, you should understand that science is the study of, and that science is never "settled". You should look at how "scientists" have delegitimized the field in the public's eye because of the obvious scam of AGW being pushed.

If one truly wants to understand "climate science", study geology. I guarantee you geologists are sitting back laughing their asses off at these so called "climate scientists".

“No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.” --Albert Einstein. This quote says it all right there. Science is never settled, and when a few phonies team up with government officials who want to take our money to fix things...the world is gonna push back.

RIP science...you had a good run before you were hijacked by scammers.

sheepofblue and Ian178 like this.
  11. G Costanza

I would agree there are a few phonies. I don't think that represents the field. To say those who traded their integrity for funding have "hijacked science" as a whole seems dramatic to me. Which is essentially my point. The scientific method is now being thrown out simply because one can name a few examples of when individuals have ignored it for their own gain.

And science can be settled to create facts (i.e. Water freezes at the same temperature which can be replicated 100% of the time) You're talking about theory. I don't study climate change so I can't speak with authority to the theories that explain it. But from what I understand, there is a lot of evidence to suggest humans could play a role. If those studies are being replicated, it seems prudent to continue studying it. We are talking about the future of our planet. I guess I'd rather err on the side of risking a few wasted tax dollars to save our planet than give into the lobbying oil companies and find out we could have stopped Florida from going underwater (this is clearly self-serving because I live in FL :D)

scottn and SnacktimeKC like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My understanding of scientific theories is that, in order to prove them, you do your best to disprove them. Climate "science" works just the opposite, the results are a given and facts are discarded or ignored or made up or "massaged" as necessary in order to prove the theory.
    And they are still consistently wrong.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. G Costanza

No that's not an accurate characterization of the peer-reviewed research on climate.

Fact derived from science: The earth's temperatures are increasing over time.

Scientific theory to explain the fact: Humans may be the cause or exaggerating it.

Natural conclusion: Let's keep studying it to see if it will become a fact or not. Either is really helpful information to have.

Ridiculous and uninformed opinion: Don't study climate because science is now fake.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't bite that hand that feeds you...

Oh wait, that's what everyone is all worked up about. That the gravy train is coming to an end.

Time to get real jobs supporting industry and not just suckling the public teat. I'll light a candle for you, in hopes of contributing to the anthropogenic global warming crisis for you.

15. G Costanza

Because it's every scientist's dream to go to school for 12 years and make 60k a year off the government.

You know many people who study climate could make substainlly more money in the private sector researching other topics. But go ahead and make it seem like they're all just greedy freeloaders.

cpettit and scottn like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I take exception to the characterization as freeloaders. It takes skill, effort and intelligence to make data fit the model.

cav115 and joec like this.
  17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They are not freeloaders. They, like lawyers, are paid liars.

Sorry but scientists blew their credibility when they became political shills, just like the media.

cav115 likes this.
  18. G Costanza

You're using anecdotes to make generalizations. Science 101 teaches us that's a huge no-no. Psychology 101 teaches us you're doing that because it takes less cognitive work to make broad (and thereby distorted) assumptions. The reality is that it's just not that simple.

19. blkduc

There is zero evidence to date of any warming, and every single damn prediction (all based off models), has not happened. I keep telling people, go watch Gore's comedy again because trust me you will laugh. Every fucking thing in his stupid movie is false and enough time has passed that it's not even debatable now.

Every couple of years, "science" tries to explain away why the planet is not doing what "scientists" said it was going to.

Spend your own money on making scam artists rich but stay the fuck outta my wallet.

cav115, Robby-Bobby and kangasj like this.
  20. blkduc

Snap!