1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manifort

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

While that is an entertaining analogy, I would haphazardly guess that Robert Mueller may be uniquely qualified to compartmentalize and secure critical information. I'd also state that you have done a good job of describing one of the unique aspects that makes a special counsel investigation uniquely different than a typical prosecution case. On the last note, I do not believe you have ever heard me stating that I do not believe that the application of the law should be applied unequally...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

If you're referencing Trump, he's bounced between party affiliations every few years.

Damn, sorry to hear. Hope it's a simple motor change-out or gearbox swap.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Thanks Man, no such luck...both circuit boards and a stand alone resistor..it was a complete tear down..Baldor motor and drives are golden..it is an awesome unit...just lots of time and electrical failures happen..most likely residual lightning damage..:)

Meanwhile...The Senate does whatever they want and we end up paying for it.

Remember This: https://qz.com/1132448/sexual-haras...-in-workplace-related-settlements-since-1997/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Any of you guys listen to the Dan Bongino pod casts? Thoughts?

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Shit I'm not flipping g out I'm sitting g back laughing at the shit show going. I could give a fly fuck who you voted for lol

6. Handicapped Racer

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's ridiculous, and again, not the job of a SP. There has to be a crime to investigate, and none has been named.

8. In Your Corner

I got pulled over once, along with the guy behind me by the state trooper who was behind him.
    I told the cop, truthfully, that my speedometer didn't work so I figured if I sped up until the car behind me started dropping back then I could slow down to match his speed because certainly, nobody with a cop right behind him would exceed the limit.
    I drove away without a ticket.

9. Handicapped Racer

I personally feel Trump spoke to those who felt abandoned by their elected officials. they come to church, break bread, sing hymns and bounce, see ya in four years. if you think I am saying you voted for trump due to influence from russia, I can't help you there cause I made no such claim but you go with that one. I voted I did my part, not my problem that folks didn't get out and vote and now are upset he's potus. Shit you can vote for David Duke for all I care. let's me 100 right now. I find him funny taking to Twitter every day to cry witch hunt and I get kicks out of folks like you and others calling Democrats Snowflakes. That to me is actually pretty fucking funny. All of you all get but hurt over what people have to say. yet you want free speech when it suits you.

10. Handicapped Racer

I can understand your reasoning, I know plenty of people who voted for him that I don't consider racist, the difference is you can state there are things you dont agree with and can say hey I held my nose to vote for him, and aren't truly upset at the results. it's the ones who want to make you think what you're seeing with your own eyes is an illusion that I have to chuckle at. I'm still waiting for the National Conceal carry to come to Congress. I like what California courts just did.

11. In Your Corner

All I've read is that it was Cohen involved with Pecker, not Trump, but it doesn't make any difference.
    It isn't against the law to pay whores to go away, even during an election.
    It may be unsavory, but it happens every day because rich guys like to shag some strange.
    But it isn't illegal.

12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

What he said, or turned over doesn’t implicate Trump. Only implicates himself and Cohen. It’s he said, she said, nothing more. Still has to be proven, but my guess is it will never be. If the Cohen prosecutors could prove Trump had a hand in anything, it would be on every media outlet in the world. And yet, this is all you get.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ef55f2-a633-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html

“Yet legal experts interviewed Wednesday said such cases are difficult to prove and they thought it unlikely that prosecutors would pursue campaign finance charges against AMI or its executives. The prosecution of former senator and presidential candidate John Edwards on similar campaign finance allegations fell apart in 2012, as many jurors doubted the government had proved that he and an aide tried to cover up his extramarital affair simply to protect his presidential campaign. Edwards’s attorneys said that he worked to conceal the relationship to protect his marriage.

Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani expressed similar skepticism in an interview Wednesday, saying that he saw no legal exposure for Trump or for AMI. He also suggested that Cohen agreed to plead guilty to limit his prison sentence for more serious financial crimes.”

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How do you know Mueller's case is weak? Has he issued a report yet or even said a word about his investigation? This is what I don't understand about Trump people, you have already decided that you know he did nothing wrong even though this long investigation has yet to say anything. I can't fucking stand Trump, but I'm not saying he did anything illegal, because I don't know that, just like you don't really know that he didn't. Why not wait and see what comes of the investigation before making up your mind?

Honestly, I wanted nothing more than for this piece of shit to be impeached, but I've changed my mind after seeing how his zealots have shown how they will let nothing dissuade them from thinking he can do no wrong. I have a feeling it could get really ugly with some of these nuts, so now I just hope someone else takes his job in two years, I don't care what party, any person other than this one would make me happy. I would love to see the republicans put someone up to take him down but I think the base won't be having any of that.

14. Handicapped Racer

No impeachment, if they want Trump gone they need to vote his ass out.

kangasj and sheepofblue like this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I agree at this point, until recently I was hoping he would be thrown out as the embarrassment that he is, but considering the mindset of his supporters, I'd rather avoid the war and just vote his dumb ass out.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lie about what? Never seen anyone saying no one ever talked to Russians on either side - just that there was no collusion about the election.

I'm lost as to all these lies.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What lies? Please be specific. Not general "Trump say no contact with Russians" because he has said that - in response to questions about collusion. That's not the same as saying he's never met a Russian.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What crimes have they found tied to collusion with Russia?

19. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

When did I say people can’t speak. I told you to shut up and not speak I was challenging the merits of your argument and the fact that you don’t even know all the things Hillary did and your not upset about that but your upset with trump and secure collusion with no evidence. His phones were tapped for over a year if he collided we wouldn’t be playing this game of manifort going to prison for what he did during his time working for the Podesta group. Bet you didn’t know he worked for the dnc did ya. But ya I want to take away free speech what a putz.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, I thought Cohen was being busted for stuff outside of the campaign either way.

He's shouting it about himself, not sure he cares if the others get busted for anything - but overall he has a very good point about the witch hunt aspect of it all. Damn good point about the other actions too - I do think the man is playing everyone regularly.