1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man I can't wait for 2/10...Everybody is too bored!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Dec 19, 2000.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

although that big ams sign on the front straight sux when its wet.a-slip-t-slip-.....

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I made it five of six times through there. [​IMG]

3. stickboy274

you never learn do ya. you can go around it. how many times did you go through the bus stop?

4. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Zany--

Is that you right behind Ted in the big picture from the GNF on roadracingworld.com?

JU

5. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Yep. Ryan Lee Meskimen!!!

6. Zanyeights

Well , now that I think about it I am not sure which picture you are referring too, but my only claim to fame is the 750 Superbike picture on pg 58.

[This message has been edited by Zanyeights (edited 12-22-2000).]

7. julrich

It's on the website too, in the GNF story that got posted today, but appears bigger. Sorry about your name being mispelled in the caption, I'll try to get Sam to fix it next week when he's back in his office.

JU

8. Zanyeights

Oh Happy Day, Christmas came early!!!

The shot on the website is awesome!!

You know what?...I was so excited about the picture I never even read the caption!!! lol

Thanks.

Funny thing about RRW. My father who still lives up in Bakersfield has never taken much interest in my roadracing. Although he loves motorcycles and raised me on them he thinks that my roadracing is a dangerous passing fad that does not seem to be passing fast enough.

I told him throughout the season that I was doing fairly well and had a chance at winning the championship. He never paid much attention to me.

Anyway, about August he calls me up and says I hear you are doing real well. I said, "I know I have been telling you for the last few months."

He says, "I didn't realize you were doing THAT well."

It seems that a fella he works with, a motorcycle enthusiast in his fifties, subscribes to RRW and picked up on the name. It was right after the issue with my only win at St Louis. It was pretty cool after that because my dad paid more attention and he would wait for this guy to bring his issues in so he could see my name in print.

I bought an extra copy of this months issue to send to him. [​IMG]

Intersting aside, I used to work with Clinton Whitehouse in 1989. We were millwright apprentices together. He was the first to light a fire under my butt about roadracing. It just took me seven years to get in a position to do it. I hope he is still running next year. I have not talked to him in years and wouldn't mind seeing him up at Willow.

Thanks John.

9. julrich

I used to chase Clinton around Willow when we were both riding GPz550s and were both a lot younger. He's still racing, I saw him at the last Willow with his YZF-R1, and his dad is still crewing for him. You'll probably see him when youget out here.

JU

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That muct have been a hard name to live with for the past 8 years...

11. wera122

wera122 Guest

No worse than yours. [​IMG]

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - Which one of mine? [​IMG]

13. stickboy274

the ones we use when your not around

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I was talking about names like WERA, Clarke, Doofus, you know! [​IMG]