1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malcolm Young

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Nov 18, 2017.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

If you've never had the fortune of being at one of their shows and the excitement when the cannons rise out of the stage for "Those about to rock" , you've missed out. RIP, Malcom :-(

Metalhead likes this.
  2. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member

Metalhead likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Bummer. There’s a few bands that legitimately wrote the soundtrack to my life, and they’re one.

Brings back memories of giant cabinet speakers in the locker room blasting Thunderstruck at the limits of distortion before every football game.

RIP

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I can beat that.... Twisted Sister. :oops:

It was a cassette, but still.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Aww. That's cute.

Iron Maiden. Number of the Beast.

Kiss it. :moon:

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The loudest live band ever.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I made up for it. Second was Kill 'em All.

pickled egg likes this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Never too early when you find out you lost a good one. When Lemmy passed I called in to work and got hammered. No it wasn't smart, but to hell with it. Both me and Lemmy enjoyed the shit out of it.

10. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

Funny - George Young seemed to pass without remark here on October 23. Famous as the guitarist of the Easybeats with hits like Friday On My Mind and Good Times (although the cover by INXS and Jimmy Barnes is better known now) he was the one that encouraged Malcolm and Angus to give the rock and roll thing a go. He and Harry Vanda produced AC/DC for quite a while.

I've been going to see AC/DC live since 1981 at the St. Louis Checkerdome (tickets were $10 then) and will never forget one concert where Angus' Nagy wireless dropped out right before the solo and Malcolm stepped up and played it note for note as though he'd been doing it all along.

Godspeed Malcolm & George.

11. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member