1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LWT team for Barber (and beyond?)

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by mmfoor, May 21, 2010.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

OK boys: putting together a team for Barber. Couldn't stand watching Team Peace Beast have so much fun at Tally.
    I think I have the riders all lined up and will post the roster as soon as all commit.
    For sure I have moi and my old Team Hawaii race bud, Bill 'Wicky' Wickersham.

I haven't been this excited since I went parking in my '67 Pontiac Tempest!

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Morris, that's just cooler'n heck. Us geezers are going to take over this sport!

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Can't let you have all the fun my friend!
    Still haven't firmed up the team members outside me and my friend from the left coast, Bill Wickersham. He's an SV pilot, great setup guy, and raced bar to bar w/me in Hawaii. I'm waiting to see who has GP shift experience (not something to learn on the fly) or if Jason can get hold of a quick change shift lever that goes from GP to standard in a few seconds. Even though I shift standard on the street and dirt, I cannot do it on the track.
    As soon as all members are confirmed I'll post up here. You running the same team at Barber? You had a great group. Be cool if our stints were aligned so we could play some! If all members confirm we'll only be running 45 min stints at this point; looking for all members to run consistant 1:45-1:47 laps. One of the dudes I invited can do closer to 1:40s and if a few guys bail I'll invite my bud Sorbo who can prolly bust into the 30 range. Or my homeboy, Miles Thornton!:D

4. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Whats the date on the weekend? I can run 37ish and im nice and heavy like you old geezers.

sup' Morris

5. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Morris if you need another guy let me know I am interested.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks guys! I'm exploring all of the friends that I owe favors to. Of course, if someone had an SV for practice and backup (plus did the GP shift thang), they would move way up :D.
    PM if you fit into the spare SV category!

7. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Ive got an SV but its too fast for geezers, and I wont need to practice yours. Slow bikes are slow bikes, if you can ride a bicycle around barber you can ride an SV. :D

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Planning on the same team plus possibly Kurt. He was invited for the Tally round but didn't make it. If all five show we'll only have 45 minute sessions as well.

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Way cool Morris!

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks for the support folks, but like I said I'm opening this up first to close friends that in some way or another I owe consideration to.

Got 5 riders lined up giving the option that if one can't make it we'll still be good. Me, Bill Wickersham, Kenny Duval, Peter Hupperich, Derrick Bennett. If I spelled your name wrong, my apologies!

I'll get specifics out to the team soon, maybe create a WIKI so we can get a dialogue running.

Team dudes: I'm signed up for the X-Act track days at Barber July 10,11 if any of you wants to get a session in on the SV. Just got the suspension done by T-Man and tried the stone slicks at Roebling which matched up very well.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

45 mins sounds good to me!:D Look fwd to seeing you this weekend my friend!

12. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Morris, I wont get my July work schedule until June 17th....will let you know then about the Barber track day, if that is ok?

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

If you can make it I'll be glad to let you run a session or 2 to get a feel for it.
    BTW, Bill Wickersham, our west coast AF pilot team member, will be selling his built SV at the end of the season as he is going to build up a Fisher. This would be a sweet ride for you plus Bill would give you, being a friend, a great deal. This SV is totally setup with all the goodies. He may have it out for the endurance if he can hook up w/transportation for the bike.

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Updates:

• we have secured a tank and quickfill!
    • Plan to go w/one set of stone slicks (med).
    • I'll have DOTs mounted on spare wheels w/new rains standing by
    • running VP 4.4
    • Thermosman suspension just completed: refresh Penske rear, and revalve/spring the fornt.
    Rider update:

• the Heb
    • Wicky
    • Pedro
    • Stickalicious!
    • alternate: Venom (if he decides to go he'll get squeezed in the rotation!)

Bill is working to get his SV out from the west coast (Travis AFB area) for a practice and backup SV

Shakedown will be at the X-Act Barber trackdays in July. Peter may come ride a session or 2. The rest of my riders are welcome to do same as long as Pete give's a go. It's gonna be some great track days. You should bring your own bike and play while there!

15. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Morris, found a deal on an SV. May have it for the Barber track day...working on issues....Oh, your friends bike sounded great but I really wanted to work on LWTSS before throwing a ton of money into a LWTSB.....Thanks

Pedro

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

That's great! Hope you have it in time; we'll have some fun SVin around w/X-Act!

BTW: I feel stoooopid! The oil leak was due to the CS sprocket nut being way loose; barely finger tight. The lock washer was barely tapped down. I snugged it all up and no leaky! I've been at this long enough to know I should go over the bike stem to stern regardless of who did the work, or where the bike came from.
    So now plus all my EX classes I'll go ahead and run the SV at Rd Atlanta in LWT SB and maybe F2.
    Maybe I'm due to have a trouble-free event with a few wins or at least a good battle or two!:up::up::up:

17. dynoworks

dynoworks New Member

I would be up for endurance racing
    Call me if up need any tuning
    I also have everything for quick change tire setup
    941-366-2929
    I'm new to this forum but been around for a long time

18. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Come on down guys, plenty of room in advanced on both days! If you want to bring your bike and get more seat time, we've got the room!

19. PIRANESI

PIRANESI Well-Known Member

GP or not to GP

At our last Tally Endurance round we (I) forgot to switch our Standard to GP quick change setup and realized on pit out when I went to upshift and the engine started screaming. I ran a few laps in Standard and was within a second of my GP time. I figured it would take longer to stop and swap than just ride it out. Not fun, but a good decision. If you go with quick change make sure someone remembers to swap it over, and have tons of fun.

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Looks like it will be GP shift only. Need to score a quickshifter though.

Peter, you gonna get that SV ready by Barber in a week and a half. Don't have to be purty, just functional (like all my junk).:D

I think Kenny's in (if he can remember how to ride).