1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LWT SS rules clarification

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by BobaDefett, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BobaDefett

BobaDefett Member

1.Fork springs may be replaced with aftermarket springs, and fork oil may be changed. Stock internal parts of forks may be changed to alter damping characteristics.

2.Rear shocks may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original

The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, you CAN NOT.

1. I assume this means I have to keep the stock fork tubes, and could not do something like take the forks from a GSXR and put them on a SV650 to be used in the SS LWT. What about aftermarket fork tubes? Would the aftermarket tubes just have to be for the SV650, or be exact replicas of the stock forks?

2. What does it mean by same type? As in don't use a remote, piggback, or nitrogen style if the bike came with a "normal" style shock? What about a new shock that has separate high-speed and low-speed compression damping adjustment if the stock shock didn't have that capability?

I am sure I am forgetting other questions, but I remember them as soon as I am far away from my computer and can't ask you guys.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

For the SS class, you can not put GSXR forks on the bike. I presume exact replica tubes would be okay, but would verify that with tech. You can put cartridges in the front, like Ohlins, K-Tech, etc.

Regarding the rear shock, any rear shock will be okay, even with separate high and low speed compression.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Use stock tubes - no aftermarket at all.

The shock style was because the TL came with a rotary. Aftermarket ones with more adjustment or remote reservoirs are fine.