1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LWT details from the Jam

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by mmfoor, Jun 12, 2013.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

K, I get that it was not a good 6 hr for most of the LWT teams.
    I couldn't attend and need the particulars of what went down as I have many close buds on those teams. Even Parrish!:D

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Team Peace Beast had a crash with the Navy SeaBee bike entering the chicane. We were able to get the Beast back on track after some repairs but the SeaBee team was not able to. After our repairs we had to come in again for more work as we didnt realize the fairing bracket was all busted up until George went out with GP shift (unbeknownst to him). After all that our race went pretty well. Team Jolly Roger blew a motor early in the race and had to start over on the back up bike. Team Craka had a terrible race because they got beat by TOBC;):Poke:. I know TWF had some kind of issue, not sure maybe an agricultural excursion?

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We had a case of trying to win the race on lap 2...
    Didn't work out :eek:

We will live to fight another day!

4. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

I found out it is not easy pushing a SV650 up the hill from 10B to the top. I thought I was going to die pushing that bike. I had slowed to barely a crawl trying to make the crest.

Fuel sensor thingy broke in the gas tank causing the light not to work properly.

We recovered and took the lead when Cracka had some problems.

Hopefully VIR will go better for all the LW teams. I know we can put on the best show in the Endurance race. There are some very capable teams running this year.

Brian
    TOBC Racing

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Yea, I ran over the SeaBee bike going into the chicane. It sucked, I'm sorry.

Other than that, we had a fun race.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I really need to come back and show you guys how it's done :)

7. FZR 473

Bring it.

Three more rounds to show us how it is done.

The more the merrier....

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I want to, but the bike I thought was such
    a great deal ended up having a cracked head and is going to cost a few $$$
    to repair. Plus I sold the shock.
    Keeping fingers crossed that some kind of contingency will come back before to long. I've been really fighting the urge to sell my radios and dump can.
    One thing I can suggest is to have someone in charge of keep track of mileage and how long a rider has been on the track. In the 7 years we ran endurance, we never came close to running out of fuel :)

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Ah, but we lived to fight another day. I'm glad neither of you was hurt.

Now I just need to find a way to stop falling down in my sprint races. Hopefully, my bad juju will stay with the bike that I'm selling.

10. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

Went agricultural:
    TWF
    Navy Seabee
    Peace Crashed

Ran out of gas:
    TOBC
    Jolly Roger Racing (this was on the back up bike, after motor went on Endurance bike, luckily it was close to pit in)

Fuel Pump Issues:
    Team Cracka

Exhaust came off I think?:
    LP3

that's all seven of us LW having problem at Road A :(

11. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Not quite true. We could have got the bike back on the track. Our pit crew chief brought his bike over and was raring to swap parts to get us back in the race. I choose to call it quits, try to recoup from what may have been larger losses. Lost out on entry but saving the six 5gal jugs of fuel and the relatively new set of tires for the next race. This will help keep the cost of the next race down for my riders. Tough decision to make but there's always VIR, Summit and GNF :up:

12. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I had a blast, did my full stint and felt great afterwards. I never thought actually going to the gym and lifting weights would help out that much. Guess I was crazy for thinking that.

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Glad everyone is relatively OK. Didn't like hearing that 2 LWT teams tangled up there.

That sounds like fun after a 80-90 min. stint! :Puke:

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Damn, you boys had some bad luck to be sure. Glad everyone is OK.
    Randy, good move saving it for the next round IMO.
    Beer, what team are you riding for?
    Dave, who did you dirty on lap 2? Was it the mysterious Zoran??.:D
    How bad is that motor Jolly Roger? I do have my spare one for sale!:up:
    Cracka, I am SO disappointed in my home boys. I'll change your name to Lacka if you don't bring home the gold next round!
    Great job TOBC!

Well I guess without Team YO! running you boys are getting careless.

Seriously, sorry I missed the fun.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Beer was riding the Peace Beast. NTTIAWWT

16. Jamie_Murray

Jamie_Murray Can I has?

No worries, as I told you in the grass, mistakes happen. Glad to hear that you are ok as well.

Other than eating dirt, the few laps I managed on an SV were an absolute blast! What a fun bike. First time on an SV, first time on bridgestones, first time on slicks, first time doing endurance....I felt like a squid just starting again, what fun.

Hopefully the next endurance race is more endurance-ey. See you all next round, I'm hooked.

17. FZR 473

Yeah definitely made a mistake in the pits...should have had a better backup plan ....I knew I had been out there forever but the two red flags messed us up a little.....we got lucky and recovered with some help from the other teams.

Hopefully you can get out there soon. With your endurance experience, it would be great to have you out there.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  18. FZR 473

That is exactly how I felt....I thought I was going to :Puke:

Brought back memories of my old wrestling days. Sucked!

We are running some Team Challenge races this weekend with that other series at VIR. But at only 2 hours or 75 laps, it will feel like a 10 lap Sprint race compared to 6 hours! And of course we need more laps there....lol!

Can't wait for the 4-hour WERA round there!

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Back in the heyday {2005-2007}
    I made a spread sheet with all of the LW teams. I keep track of how many laps they would get out of a tank/when they did tire changes and how long each stop took. It helped that we were the only team using radios :)

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I am to old for dirt analyzing, we let young guys take care of it :)