1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LVMS and all that I learned....

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by KK352, Jan 31, 2009.

1. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Hi Everybody...

This is my first time posting a RR on the BBS, but the things I learned I thought I would share so either you guys can get a chuckle... or maybe be so fortunate as to not make the same mistake....

Well.... as some of you WW peeps may know, I'm the girl who's racing an R1...

I learned over this weekend a few things - some good, some not so good - but myself and my bike came home in one piece, so I can't complain... just log it in my notebook ... hahahaha

Although all my friends told me I would learn what it means to spin the rear on corner exits, I realized I truly had no idea what that was going to feel like.
    I've lost grip on my 600 when the tires went off, and I just thought it would feel like that.... a little wiggle or so...

During the 20 lapper - I made a very poor decision on tires, and they went off quick. On the exit of the sweeper, I was looking where I wanted to go, and heading about 45 deg off of that trajectory!:eek:

*I learned the difference between running wide on poor suspension and running wide on tire spin - primary lesson - the throttle will *not* stand the bike up like normal when the rear is spinning.

The good thing I learned was that I need to pay better attention during the races to see where I'm at....

A Superstock is run under a single flag with the experts. I was in 2nd place off the start, but when a few experts crashed in t3, it simply did not register in my mind that the lead novice was pushed wide on the corner (Bob).

I was winning A Superstock for almost 4 laps and didn't even know it! :crackup:
    I'm so used to running around in last, or nearly last, that having the trailing experts in front of me, it just felt like I was just running around with out much purpose.... I could hear dudes on my tail, and I did my best to hold em off, but I would like to think that if I knew I was winning, I would have tried harder! hahaha

When Bob passed me again later, as I felt my tires going off (and still being a bit low on confidence from the 20 lapper), I wondered why he was passing me! In the end, I finished last... but I'm proud as hell I made all you guys work your butts off to pass me :D

By A Superbike, lesson learned... when I was in 3rd off the start, I made sure to pay attention the whole race... and I wound up 5th - and I knew where I was!

Summary of Lessons:
    - Paying attention to your machine will keep you upright when the unexpected sensations occur.
    - Pay attention to where you are in the race - no matter where you're used to running around in normally

2. Lvninja

Lvninja Well-Known Member

I saw you out there at LVMS, good job. What tires where you running that weekend?

3. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Thank you :up:

I run Pirelli...

The ones I ran for the 20 lapper I shouldn't have... I never planned to... I just, idk, brain farted, or got lazy.... :rolleyes:
    Lesson learned... big time.

The Pirellis I ran on Sunday were way better... but after the SS race I was a little messed up in the head... and opted to change tires more for my mental state than actual necessity. :eek:

4. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Scariest part of that crash in turn 3 was the stripe of fluid that one bike put down. I went through that VERY carefully then once I figured out it wasn't oil.. it was game on!

Had a lot of fun chasing you and then Bob.. Had Bob for a little while there but he got me at the end..

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Nice lessons, and good ones to learn :)

6. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

I'm looking forward to meeting more people in my class too.... Sitting on the A SB grid was the most I had even talked with anyone - except Bob - but I knew him from before! hahaha

7. markc555

markc555 Member

Hey K's, I was lined up to your left on the grid in A SB. I'll make sure I come over and say hello when we're in Vegas next, deal? :up:

8. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Same here.. always happy to meet new people. See you guys in April!

9. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Mark - Did we race together in the 600 class last year?

That would be awesome guys! :up:

10. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

I remember you well. I was the one that finished right behind you in A Superbike (red and black BigHeadzRacing GSXR). Thought we had a great time in that race and you really picked it up!!!! See you back out there in April!!!

11. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah I remember you!! You were hot on my ass!!! That race was SUPER fun!
    It just cracked me up how the experts were just plowing each other.... I think it helped me relax and laugh a bit...

April's gonna be SO fun! I can't wait!!!:rock:

12. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can continue the good racing in April. Yeah, that was even more funny considering that we had a safe start