1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowes Propane Grills

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Apr 9, 2019.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

So, I have $500 to spend. I have seen all the love for Webber, but the only in my range are the spirit series. There is also Broil King, and Char-Broil, Dyna Glo, Royal Gourmet, Monument...

The webbers are more $ with less features, but how good is a feature that breaks after one season. Do I just go with the 3 burner Webber, and fore go the 6 burner with side burners because they are likely to rust and break?

Danke.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have a pretty base weber 3 burner and I'll never go back to el cheapo.

It does need a service right now that's because I didn't treat it the way it deserved. Just grilled and went, never covering it. It's still the shit.

zx6rfool likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I had a 4 burner Char Broil grill for 7 years that I picked up at a local box store for around $300. Kept it outdoors and covered, but had to replace a lot of items over the years. Burners, burner diffusers, mounts, catch cans, etc, etc. I consider those items are regular maintenance on a grill that cheap though. I moved last year and gave it to a neighbor because the frame itself had started to rust a bit and it would never make the move. I replaced it with a Weber and they are built to a whole different standard.

zx6rfool likes this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm with Dave. Get a cover. Cast iron grates, the weeeber will last year's. The nice thing is Lowe's Homer etc actually have the parts in stock usually.

zx6rfool and roy826ex like this.
  5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Webber and natural gas!

Propane is way too much trouble and doesn’t cook nearly as good imo.

I bought the Weber natural gas for our new house which had the natural gas hook already on the back porch wall. I just had to remove the end cap and buy two pieces for it to hook straight up to the provided Webber flexible hose.

All bought at Lowe’s by the way.

6. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I was in the same position but was buying new ones every 3 years because the burners were dying. Even with a 1K$ grill. I bought a big green egg and haven't had any problems since.

7. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I had a feeling the Webber would be the answer, thanks all for replying to yet another grill thread.

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Spend the money. Cast iron grates are a must!

I bought a Weber Genesis II E-210. Love it.

9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Wish I had a natural gas out door hook up!

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I have the 3 burner Weber with the side cooker and I've never used the side thingy. I have used the shit out of the iGrill feature on the Weber. I used to totally suck at grilling...
    now I'm half-ass at it:D

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wish I'd gotten one with a side burner for doing high temp stuff in cast iron. Even went looking for a free standing propane one but nothing that is feasible for BTU's and height sadly so prolly have to modify one of my turker fryer setups.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My 13 year old Weber Genesis is still going. The only things I have replaced are the flavorizer bars, although I think the burners will finally be replaced soon. I keep it covered and use it frequently.

I am buying a new Weber for my 79 year old dad. I figure I will inherit it about the time mine finally fails, although I will be more than happy if dad is able to keep using it well past that point.

j cal and BigBird like this.
  14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I got the Spirit 3 burner about four years ago. No side burner and no cover, since we use it at least three times a week. Cast iron grates are a huge plus. Our came with a removable circular section in the middle that you drop a cask iron skillet into. It’s great for sautéed veggies.
    The only parts we’ve had to replace are the flavorizer bars. I just put in a third set for ~$45.

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We got a cheapy home store special as a house warming gift 9 years ago (can't remember the brand). It was stainless (in all the parts that don't really matter....), and has cast iron grates. It's really starting to fall apart now, but it still cooks good for a propane grill. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has, as it's had a rough life. It blew out of the box of the truck and landed in the boat I was towing one time after the straps rubbed through, it fell off the tractor forks another time when I was moving it back to the barn for a pig roast, and it's fallen off the porch twice because the whole frame is all twisted up and mangled now it doesn't sit flat anymore. But it keeps on cooking......cast iron grills are still in great shape, burners are still fine, AND the igniter still works too lol.

It will be replaced with a Weber when the time comes, probably this summer, and I'll try and treat it a little better this time lol.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not sure where 'Webber' comes from.
    Anyways....they seem to always be available on Craigslist. Find a used one with cast iron grates and a side burner.
    Don't look at as used...look at is as 'seasoned'.

17. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Are the new Webers still made as well? Every time I hear stories about their durability it's someone who bought it a decade or two ago. But have they fallen victim to "they don't make them like they used to" cost cutting over the years?

I have a stainless Kenmore 4 burner I bought over 10 years ago. Has the cast iron grates. The side trays have some surface rust but the body, burners, grates, etc are still perfect. I'll probably do a natural gas built in sometime in the next year or two.

18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I’ve had good look with CharBroil.

DO NOT GET BROIL KING!

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Kickassgrills.com

20. Just converted mine to NG. New house had it piped to the patio so it was a no brainer. Saved a bit of money, jet drills come in handy :).

roy826ex likes this.