1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering travel trailer height for storage?

Discussion in 'General' started by rwdfun, Nov 4, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My stop switch is a couple inches from the head unit. The builder originally had it further down the track, which left the door a few inches down into the opening. Looking up the driveway, that doesn’t look so clean and it was closer to my pickup roof than I cared for. I just got up there and experimented. I figured, if it doesn’t work, I’ll put it back.

The springs are only needed to assist on the vertical, to get the door started upward. Once the panels start going horizontal, the opener can handle the weight. You just need to make sure if you have tension springs and the springs go slack from the new adjustment, they can’t get caught on anything or come unhooked. My doors all have torsion springs, so NBD.

2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ducnut likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I see a lot of those on tiny homes and RV owners are starting to adopt them, as they have way more BTU potential, especially in the summertime when window blinds and multiple roof units can’t get the job done.

4. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

And they make heat down to 15 degrees from the heat pump.

ducnut likes this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I can't believe nobody has asked- how fast does your truck go in reverse? :crackup:

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Hey I got an idea.... Pay for storage and have a garage!