1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Not sure I "get" it. Were you being sarcastic? Or is there some law about refueling?

What's the deal with 9pm?

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Vaccum. If you have a generator with a vented cap, you can replace the cap with a non-vented and a fitting to a separate tank. These are not generator specific as long as the cap fits. There's not a lot of vacuum, so make sure to prime the line. I setup a line from a fishing boat motor that has a bulb built in. The tank does not need to be above the generator.

If you have a generator with a vented tank (like Ryobi), this will not work without plugging the vent.

3. vance

vance *

Thanks kman, that clears it up. The Honda has an on/off on the, so I assume that is the vent.
    Broom, there is a 9 o'clock curfew in Naples mainly because most of the city does not have power. And yes, they are enforcing it.
    I'm referring to how difficult it is to use The spouts on a new fuel can. Difficult to dispense into a funnel or even the generator with that clip that has to be pushed down

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

This place makes some quality kits for most brand generators. Just bought one for my Briggs. Kinda pricey but you can supposedly get like 72 hours run time. Purchased it just before Irma but thankfully didn't need it http://www.genxdirect.com/honda/

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That's why the only "gas can" I own is a VP racing "utility jug" that has a spout like the old ones before the "spill-proof" nozzles that just make you spill 10 times more than you ever did before.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Get the thumb trigger ones, SOOO much easier to use than the traditional 'spill proof crap'.

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the vent. Can't remember how many times I've forgotten about that and choked the motor after enough time for me to walk away and do something else ugh

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

noise curfew, or just a curfew?

9. vance

vance *

Full curfew. Police will stop you and check ID, asks where you're headed, etc. it ends tonight.
    The worst part of it is working all day, home to shower and the grocery stores close at 6pm so their employees can make it home before 9.
    Last call at the bars were 8-8:30 all weekend.

Edit: the loud ass generator did so well at the neighbor's, he bought it today.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last time I needed a genny at the track I made sure to borrow my buddy's EU2000 rather than my uncle's antiquated loud ass dinosaur. When I got to the track I ended pitting with my buddy who had his EU3000 with him so I didn't even have to take mine off the trailer. All was lovely until like clockwork someone naturally pulls unto the spot next to us, and proceeds to wheel out there antiquated loud ass dinosaur.

I just wish people would police themselves if you will. When you have an obnoxiously loud contraption that obviously doesn't bother you, go take yourself to the end of the paddock and go setup over there. Why is that so hard?

busa99 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

because entitlement? General ass-hattery?

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Because they all justify themselves by saying "It's not really that loud"

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A couple thousand watts of death metal pointed in their general direction will make it inaudible. Problem solved. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

One of these days...

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

10 watts at 20% THD into a shitty horn speaker would be more appropriate

Knotcher and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Perfectly powered by an old champion genset with a megaphone exhaust and all the engine mounts loosened to really let the rattle out!

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Common sense is not a common virtue

t500racer likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I wouldn't want to ruin MY listening pleasure. :D

19. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Noise canceling headphones :D LOL

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't mind screaming bikes flying by, but I don't like the incessant drone of one of those things.

Razr likes this.