1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Losing the front

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, May 10, 2005.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~Losing the front

I dub thee Capt. Donkey Stabber. :rolleyes:

:D

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Steve,

just get on the gas harder!!!:D

I did notice the damp patch at the end of the concrete, but even if I ended up going on that line I didn't notice any traction issues. were you WFO, just hard on the gas or just starting to roll it on? when in doubt, gas it.

as you are getting faster, there will be times that the bike does an odd thing or two (did you get any headshake coming out of the chicane at Daytona? mine wiggled pretty hard almost everytime...now I know what that feels like.) getting used to the bike moving around a bit seems to be part of the deal...even on our little SV's.

sorry I bailed early on Sunday...I started having back spasms...no bueno. slowly getting better.

:beer:

and Pete's right...try the Cornerspeed school.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was getting on the gas at that point. I had already rolled it on right after the apex. I like what Greg said, makes me feel better now, :can't low-side if you're on the gas." I'll look into that Cornerspeed school but that guy is weird. I had an incident off the track with him one day. Probably a cool guy under other circumstances. :cool:

4. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's right in all cases...I'm not a fast racer...but I lost the front right when i got on the gas at VIR...i'll have to take a look at the track when i get back there, but i the camber of that turn may have caused the front to break free with just the slightest bit of gas...it was interesting watching the really fast guys and seeing the point at which they would get on the gas because i cornerworked the turn before that the day before...they wouldn't get on the gas until the track completely flattened back out...i think you have to look at getting on the gas as a case by case scenario because the camber of this turn wasn't severe, but it adds to the list of things you have to be aware of at any given moment in a race

5. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

Re: ...

Cause its all in the name.....

How did Autobahn end up for you, your message was pretty garbled.